Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2011, 01:33 PM

I see, I thought you were talking about last Tuesday. Looks like it is Monday for Crown&Anchor members, and Tuesday for non-members. It will be interesting to see if it truly is that price come Monday/Tuesday. The $399 price doesn't have the government taxes of $325.98 add to it. Even at a total of $724.98 it's a steal. The key would be getting airfare on less than two weeks notice!
Old 04-11-2011, 09:49 AM

RCI isn't the only one offering great prices this summer in Europe, but you have to add air fare and that brings it up considerably. I, too, wish all the cruise lines would consider additional US ports. Mobile, Charleston, New Orleans, just to name a few. I don't mind driving to Florida because that's my home, but many don't like the drive. It is pretty boring

I'd love to do European itineraries, but the air fare puts it out of reach for me. Even at the sale prices. One day I will

I know that all the upper management looks at the bottom lines, so I guess they feel that Europe gives them a better return. Heck, RCI has built 2 HUGE ships, so I guess they feel they can keep them full year round.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:30 AM

Default Nola
Penny...RCCL is putting Voyager of the Seas in New Orleans in Nov. 2011...
but on the downside...it is doing the exact same trip the Conquest will be doing... Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel...
so now we have TWO ships doing the same itenerary...

I was hoping Voyager would do something different...but at least it will give me the opportunity to try RCC next year, and send a message to Carnival for leaving Mobile.

PREVIOUS CRUISES

Read and post cruise reviews

Carnival Elation (1) Feb. 12, 2011
Carnival Triumph (2) March 13, 2010; Oct. 16, 2010
Carrnival Fantasy (4) Oct. 15, 2007; Oct 27, 2008; March 2, 2009; Nov. 11, 2009
Carnival Holiday (2) Dec. 27, 2007 & Dec. 31, 2007
NCL Sun (1) on March 11, 2007
Carnival Glory (1) Sept. 16, 2006
Carnival Celebration (2) Dec. 31, 2005; March 20, 2006
Carnivall Conquest (1) Oct 9-16, 2005
Old 04-12-2011, 06:47 AM

I know what you mean, Jabee, there are so very many itineraries that could be run. Princess had some great ones out of Ft. Lauderdale, they did southern 10-14 day that had some great destinations. I'd love to do St. Croix, would love to go back to Devil's Island, and would love to explore some different islands. Grand Cayman is nice, but there are other islands that I enjoy much more. Very few go to Dominica or Grenada. St. Barts and Tortola are few and far between, too. Oh well, I guess corporate knows more than I do.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:10 AM
Sorry I started such a barn burner here. I have not ever been to Europe (can't afford the flights and haven't finished seeing the USA yet), but my daughter was a flight attendant, and has spent many days in Europe, and twice in France( her first and last time). Sorry Cruise Fanatic, but they do not like us at all (she said). Having almost been arrested twice in one weekend for being accused of not paying for a ride ticket to see some sites, she gave up her flights to France forever. I thought, or my intention, in responding to the origional post was to speak to this country's not allways supporting crusing (Mariner's plight in point going from Fla to Calif, and then leaving because of not enoigh revenue and ending up in Texas).
Old 04-12-2011, 10:13 AM

Jim, I think your post was a very valid post.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:12 AM

Jim,
Sorry you took issue with my post. You didn't start anything at all. My post wasn't directed at you or anyone in particular. I'm sure isolated incidences such as your daughters are going to happen no matter where you travel. Including the US, Mexico, Canada, and the Caribbean. Just as we have seen on this board, two people can have two very different experiences sailing on the same ship/cruise line. It is all how you perceive the experience. Are we to say XX cruise line is bad because some had bad experiences, when just as many or more had good ones? I have been to France and never felt unwanted or hated. It is interesting on my recent flight home from Amsterdam on Delta, the flight attendant told me she had just been to Paris and loved it. Her words: "It is so not true that they hate us." I guess we are just going to have to agree to disagree on this issue.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:19 AM
Cool
No offense taken; since I have NO first-hand experience in Europe, I ONLY had my daughter's experience to reference. My only real thought was about RCL's experience with having Mariner moved to the left coast and then being moved again because of not enough business, and comparing that with Disney. I have not been on a cruise where the ship was not full out of the Florida ports, and it made me wonder why so many larger ships in the fleet are being moved to areas that may be better served by the smaller class ships; but, like I said, I know almost nothing about crusing in Europe, and I guess I'm thinking along the lines of a smaller ship doing Alaska type ports and venues. I'm starting to ramble here.......

Closed Thread

Tags
air, caribbean, carnival, coast, commission, compared, cruise, disney, lines, rccl, return, royal, tickets, vs, west