Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2011, 04:17 AM

Default anyone sail on the Explorer of the Seas in November?
Hi there... I'm new hear. My wife and I are planning on going on a cruise for our first wedding anniversary. We were thinking of going to Bermuda in November via the Explorer of the Seas. Has anyone gone on this cruise during this time?

Is it too cold to spend time on the deck of the ship? How about the beach in Bermuda? I see that temps range from 65 to 75... is that too cold?

I'd love to hear your feedback... thanks!!!

Last edited by mystixboi; 05-03-2011 at 05:25 AM.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:08 AM
Good morning mystixboi
Congratulations on your first honeymoon. If you find cruising as addictive as the rest of us, you'll have many more.
I've been on the Exploroer 4 times, but never in November. Unfortunately there's no 'typical' when it come to November weather.
65-75 degrees will certainly allow you to spend time on deck, you just may not find it sitting by the pool in a swimsuit weather. Although some years it may be much warmer.
I do have to say, that although she's a little older, I love the Explorer.
There are so many things do do on board, and so many things to do on Bermuda. It's rich in History, and while it may not be the perfect time for jet skiing and sailing, the beaches are still beautiful for walking and just enjoying the sound of the waves and the gorgeous vistas.
With that being said, if you're looking for a warm beach vacation, this probably isn't it. With that you'd be better served with the Bermuda, Bahama cruise that stops in Nassau and Cocoa cay.
Try finding a travel agent who can work with you on the specifics. There are a lot more cruises leaving from the NY/NJ area these days. Take the time to find exactly what you're looking for, especially since it's your honeymoon!

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 05-03-2011, 06:29 AM

Wow… what a great response!!! Thank you so much… I just realized that I wrote it’s going to be for our first honeymoon… I actually meant our first anniversary!!! That being said, I really appreciate your response and I’ve just sent an email to my travel agent about it. I wonder why he didn’t mention anything to me already about the weather…. Oh well!!!

Thanks again!!! And if anyone has any additional insight, I’d love to hear it!!!
Old 05-03-2011, 07:32 AM

Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary! You did say it's your anniversary in your original message. May you always be on your honeymoon!

Bermuda is about the same latitude as South Carolina, and the weather is often comparable. It should be great weather for walking, hiking, golf, and sightseeing. It may well be too cool to go into the water, however.

There is a lot to see and do in Bermuda that doesn't involve being in the water. Hamilton is a nice city to walk around, with good shopping, bookstores, and the like. King's Wharf has a maritime museum, and has been built up in the last several years with arts and crafts shops. There's also a wonderful Bermuda Aquarium, Museum and Zoo which is reachable via Bermuda's wonderful public bus system from Hamilton or King's Wharf.

Coming from the northeast, I think sitting on deck in 65-75 degrees sounds great. If you're used to, or interested in, warmer weather where you are, it may not seem as attractive.

Explorer is a wonderful ship. If you're able to drive to embarkation in either Cape Liberty or Baltimore, all the better!
Old 05-03-2011, 08:37 AM
Default Explorer
Hey, we are going June 18th...first time this ship class size. This will be our first cruise where we are just "winging" it in regards to excursions. Horseshoe Bay is on the list for the first day. If anyone has addtional "must do's" please let me know. Cruise docs arrived yesterday!!!!
Old 05-03-2011, 08:42 AM

Winging it in Bermuda works great. Get walking maps and a hop on/0ff bus pass from the visitors bureau and have fun.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:33 AM
I LOVE Bermuda! I could write a book on it, but many have already been written and it's well worth the 15 or 20 dollars. It's just the best of both worlds. It's a crusie, but you stay the night, so you don't have that rushed feeling. The bus system is so easy. The beaches have the beauty of the caribbean without the 'braid your hair lady' beach hawkers.
There's a quirky little beach called snorkel park right in King's Wharf. The snorkeling is truly amazing. It's a great spot to walk over too after you're hot and tired from a long day. Crystal and fantasy caves are amazing. The glass bottom boat tour is phenominal. Plus all the adventures that Sandy mentioned. The tough part is deciding on only a few!

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 05-04-2011, 10:30 AM

So we're thinking of changing the date to August 27... does anyone know how the hurricane season can affect a cruise like this? has anyone been on a cruise that got hit by a hurricane?

just curious... thanks!!!
Old 05-04-2011, 10:47 AM

When I went on my Bermuda cruise it was in the month of August 2005. Very hot. Bermuda has been hit by hurricanes in the past. However; they aren't as likely to get hit as much as the Caribbean. The ship will change itinerary if a hurricane is predicted. The Bermuda itinerary doesn't allow for much deviation, so if a hurricane were predicted the ship most likely would head toward a New England/Canada itinerary.

Closed Thread

Tags
back, beaches, bermuda, cruise, cruises, cruising, effecting, explorer, facebook, hit, hurricane, november, seas, season, weather