Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2004, 07:02 AM

Hey - I have only cruised Disney (5 times). How are the rooms compared to the Mariner? (if anyone else has cruised Disney). Also, does anyone know if they allow you to bring any alcohol onboard? Disney is very leniant about this, and you can bring it onboard.

Also, on Disney, you only need a "raised-seal" birth certificate. Does anyone know what you would need on Mariner for the 7-day cruise?
Old 09-24-2004, 07:02 AM

Hey - I have only cruised Disney (5 times). How are the rooms compared to the Mariner? (if anyone else has cruised Disney). Also, does anyone know if they allow you to bring any alcohol onboard? Disney is very leniant about this, and you can bring it onboard.

Also, on Disney, you only need a "raised-seal" birth certificate. Does anyone know what you would need on Mariner for the 7-day cruise?
Old 09-24-2004, 07:18 AM

Well I have never been on Disney so the only thing I can tell you is, Anywhere you sail in the Caribbean you only need your drivers license and a birth certificate, The only exception is if you board a ship in Barbados there you have to have a passport.
Ecstasy ~ 04/03
Norwegian Sky ~ 09/03
Splendour of the Seas ~ 04/04
Rhapsody of the Seas ~ 10/04

Countdown to the Carnival Conquest
Old 09-27-2004, 06:59 PM

I just completed my first ever cruise last week, on Mariner of the Seas.

I stuffed one of my suitcases with a six bottles of Diet Coke and about twelve small bottle of water. My sisters also sneaked in a couple of cases of bottled water in their suitcases. We didn't have any problems. None of us brought alcohol on board tho.

On my seven-night cruise, I had a passport. But I think I only had to show it two times, one was when I was first boarding the ship in Miami, and the second time was when I was going thru customs after exiting the ship. While in Jamaica, Labadee, and Cozumel the only thing we had to show was our seapass card when we got off and back on. We skipped the Caymans because of the hurricane.

While exiting the ship and going thru customs, they did say "get out your passports, or if you have a birth certificate get that out with your license." So I assume you can use your birth certificate, but I'm not guaranteeing that.

As for the rooms, this was my first ever cruise so I can't compare. I can say that I found this ship absolutely awesome.
Old 09-28-2004, 03:23 PM

Wanda, As Disney has designed their cabins for families, they are as a rule larger than other mainstream cruise cabins (including the Mariner). Of course, it also depends on what category cabin you have booked. If you share the specific category of stateroom you will be occupying I can be more definitve.

As for the need for passports, it is not based on what cruise line you sail but what ports you will be visiting. What is your itinerary?

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-30-2004, 08:59 AM

i will be getting a deluxe ocean view room. possibly may upgrade to a balcony. i'm looking forward to cruising the Mariner. The itinerary is Port Canaveral, Florida; Labadee, Hispaniola; Ocho Rios, Jamaica; George Town, Grand Cayman; Cozumel, Mexico; Port Canaveral, Florida

Closed Thread

Tags
birth, bring, certificate, checklist, cruise, cruising, mariner, sea, seas, things