Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2011, 04:26 PM

Default quick review of Allure of the seas (just got back)
As far as the Wow factor goes, there are no other ships that come close to the allure of the seas or oasis of the seas. I just got back Sunday from a 7 day trip in the western caribbean so a lot is fresh on my mind.
Even after the 5th day of the cruise, I was still finding other areas of the ship I did not see and I did not experience everything there was to do. I will not repeat what others who have done a much better job going into great detail about all the things to see and do, but instead I will say this is the kind of ship that you really do not need to actually go anywhere. I personally am tired of the caribbean(I live in florida-have the basic same weather and beaches), so just enjoying the ship was good enough for us.

Probably the next best thing about this class of ship is the entertainment. Maybe because they have over 6000 passengers, they can afford to turn the entertainment up a notch. All the shows (chicago, oceanaria, headliner, comedy, blue planet were absolutely incredible.

I have only one thing negative to say about the larger ships (freedom of the seas through allure of the seas). They all have very bland food including the pastries (cookies,cakes,etc.). I have heard this from others as well. Maybe it is because it is too hard to produce tasty food for such large numbers of passengers. They have a wide variety of food, but I got tired of the same food offered for breakfast and lunch in the windjammer. Maybe like another reviewer said, it is probably so you will spend the extra money to go to the specialty restaurants.

Anyway other than the food, the ship, entertainment, and service was very good.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:00 PM

Welcome to Cruise Reviews and thank you for your post. I enjoyed a 2nt Inaugural on the Allure. I really enjoyed the Hot Dog House. I also like the Park cafe.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:51 PM

Hi cbrown747, welcome to CruiseReviews. Thank you so much for taking time to post a great review. It sounds like over all the cruise was a success. I haven't ventured on the Oasis or Allure, but do have at least one of them on my bucket list. We sailed the Epic last year which is about the same size. I agree with you, the entertainment was over the top. Blue Man, Second City, Legends, every show we attended was just incredible. We even did the murder mystery which was a lot of fun. Did you do that on the Allure?

I totally understand about so much to do and see on the ship. After a week on the Epic I was still finding places. Did they do a behind the scenes on the Allure? We did that on the Epic and it was so marvelous. They let us into the bridge and that was such an incredible view.

Where are you off to next?
Old 06-15-2011, 11:29 AM
Talking
Hi CB

I felt the same way while on the Oasis.....The ship is the destination.....:-)

Bob E

Closed Thread

Tags
19, allure, caribbean, entertainment, food, headliner, june, kind, review, reviews, reviewsof, royal, seas, served, ship