Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2011, 01:25 PM

Red face Beverages
Hello Cruise Reviews-

My fiance and I are planning our first cruise for our honeymoon on November 26th aboard the Liberty of the Seas. I had a question about beverages. I see that you can purchase a soda plan, alcohol plan, and bottled water. But what are the complimentary options? Is tap water the only free option? What is served at dinner? Thank you in advance for all the help.

Last edited by chefshaun; 06-18-2011 at 01:47 PM.
Old 06-18-2011, 01:58 PM
Cool Drinks
I, and I speak for only myself, feel that the SODA stamp cost is a waste of money. Cans of soda can be bought at any bar for about $2.50@, and they'll give you a glass of ice. The drink plans (alcoholic) are too new, and I've had no experience with them. The Windjammer (the breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet), and the dining room have free coffee and tea, both iced and hot , and water. At breakfast, certain juices are free (orange and apple). I'm told that mixed drinks are comparable in price to a very nice restaurant, and beer is average priced. I'm also told to watch the prices on wine. A glass of wine for dinner can get expensive, in my opinion. On the other hand, the food is great (I think so) and there is free soft serve ice cream on the pool deck.
Congratulations, and have a great time. You WILL be hooked

Need some cruise help?
Old 06-20-2011, 09:58 AM

Hi chefshaun, welcome to CruiseReviews! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding, honeymoon, and cruise! I agree with Jim1012 on the packages, unless you drink a ton of soda a day. They do have a wine package that you can purchase. If you enjoy wine with your meals, you may want to look into that. What you don't drink at dinner, they will cork and serve it to you when you would like. There's plenty to drink that is free. Bottled water is not, but the water on the ship is better (to me) than the bottled water. Ice tea, hot tea, cocoa mix, coffee, and usually either juice (in the morning) or some type of punch (during the day and evening) are available 24/7. You can save money by purchasing drinks in regular glasses, not the specialty ones. The prices are comparable to a good restaurant/bar for alcoholic beverages. Be warned, cruising is addictive
Old 06-20-2011, 08:09 PM

Thank you very much Jim and Penny for the warm welcome and information. I'm really looking forward to the wedding and cruise as well. I'm sure I'll have plenty more questions to ask down the road. Thanks again!
Old 06-21-2011, 05:49 AM

I got the soda package for husband and I. Also got the juice and water package. The juice package we could of done without. The water package could be iffy depending if you are "picky" or not (some people may not like "faucet water"). I may not get water package again.

My husband drinks A LOT of soda. He easily went through more than 6 a day (probally closer to 8 or 10 a day). IF either of you drink coffee they will fill "mug" up in Windjammer with coffee. (They did for me on Freedom past October). The soda "mug" is bigger than coffee cups and less chance of it spilling. NOT sure if they will fill it up with juice for you, Actually I MAY have done apple juice once (memory is shot ) So you probally could get away with soda package..Atleast save you some $$$..Totally oposite view than Jim, but another thought process.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-22-2011, 04:59 AM
Thumbs up Drink Packages
Candice R's post is exactly why this forum is a great place to check other people's thoughts about what you are wondering about. There are many people who think like I do about the soda package, and there are an equal amount who feel otherwise. Here, you get both sides of a story or idea, normally with good reasoning to back the idea up, and then YOU choose which makes sense to you and fits your needs. If you can get three people in a room to agree on the same thing, either you're a genius, or I'd just run away!! Have a great cruise!!

Need some cruise help?
Old 06-27-2011, 09:14 AM

Default milk offered?
Hi, thought I'd ask on this thread since beverages are in question. I haven't heard anything about the cost of milk. Someone said all water based beverages are included in the fare, but not sure about milk prices. We are sailing for the first time on RCI Allure mid. Aug. and my teens 14 and 17 drink a lot of milk.
Anyone know if milk is included or do you need a milk card?
Thanks,
momofmd
Old 06-27-2011, 12:12 PM
On Holland America, there is milk all day in the Lido Buffet; I would presume it's the same for RCL - don't know for sure as we've never sailed RCL. However, that being said - there would always be milk via room service...
Old 07-05-2011, 06:14 PM

I see a lot of information about bringing alcohol aboard, but what about non alcoholic drinks? Will the cruise line allow you to bring a case of bottle water or soda aboard?
Old 07-05-2011, 07:14 PM

Yes on Princess we always bring 2 or 3 2L of diet pop with us at the start and also buy more at every port we stop at. We are diabetics so we require diet pop to drink and we are not allow any type of cola, so can't drink the diet coke that the ship provide with the pop card. We always carry these on and put it thru the security machine with no issues.

Closed Thread

Tags
bottled, bring, caribbean, cruise, cruises, drinks, included, money, package, purchasing, royal, save, soda, sodas, wine