Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/)
-   -   Back from Windy Bermuda (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/37149-back-windy-bermuda.html)

417rogers 06-24-2011 03:08 PM

Back from Windy Bermuda

Were back....super windy and crummy weather the first 2.5 days...last 2.5 days excellent weather. Atlantic Ocean is no Carribean Sea (rocking and rolling). My Mother in law and Aunt came along but had to leave (fly out of Bermuda) due to a severe :-( medical emergency back home)...yes they had travel insurance. Bummer of a cruise. Ship was nice and staff was the friendly. I'll post a review in the next couple days...gotta run. oh yeah...short video on youtube of Explorer next to NCL Dawn. YouTube "417rogers"

Sandy 06-24-2011 10:21 PM

I'm really sorry about the medical emergency at home, and hope everything turned out ok. At least they had travel insurance, or the expense of getting home would have just added to the unfortunate situation.

The Bermuda itinerary usually has a really windy day when the ship is off the tip of Cape Hatteras. I remember walking on a pool deck after having put a hamburger with all the "Fixin's" on my plate, and the wind blew everything off the bottom half of the bun. I'm glad the weather cleared up for you.

417rogers 06-26-2011 07:08 AM

Hi, just wrote a quick review in the review section that should be posted in a few days.

penny3333 06-28-2011 09:05 AM

Welcome home 417rogers! Sorry to hear about the medical emergency and the crummy weather. When it did clear up, were you able to go to Horseshoe Bay? Did you get to do the hop on/off bus pass? I'm looking forward to reading your review. You'll be sailing the Dream really soon!

Dave 06-28-2011 10:49 AM

Here is your review.

417rogers 06-29-2011 05:09 AM

one thing I forgot

We always pre-pay our tips and then add if service is really good. I don't think we will do that after this trip. The only reason I say this is because even though the waiter, assistant waiter, and stateroom attendant were great....the head waiter was non-existent. We saw him only one time at our table even though he was in the room every night. I just left his envelope in our room. Maybe there was an explanation but he seemed very happy everyone else’s table.

Cruise Fanatic 06-29-2011 08:47 AM

The Head Waiters portion of the automatic tips is a very small portion. Remember, they have a large area to cover. His job is to make sure the waiters and assistant waiters are taking care of their tables. So in essence, if you enjoyed your service by the waiter and assistant, then the Head Waiter has done his job. They shouldn't have to come by every night.

poormom 06-29-2011 08:50 AM

I'm glad you like snorkel park. Isn't that the greatest little beach? People go trotting all over Bermuda, and that place is just a hop from the ship. Did you happen to snorkel there? The coral is truly amazing

penny3333 06-29-2011 10:07 AM

Thank uou for a great review. I'm even more ready to do Bermuda.