Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/)
-   -   Just booked our next cruise!!! (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/37157-just-booked-our-next-cruise.html)

Nadine 06-26-2011 05:55 PM

Just booked our next cruise!!!

We just booked a cruise on the Navigator for February 2012! We have friends going with us who have never sailed before, so this is doubly exciting for the four of us.

This is the largest ship we have been on. Maybe we'll bring our GPS!

Now begins months of fun planning.

Nadine

Sandy 06-26-2011 08:32 PM

Congratulations, Nadine! February is a great time to head down to the Caribbean. Are you doing the 6-night or the 8-night cruise?

Your friends are going to love the ship and the whole cruise experience.

Wheels87 06-27-2011 03:59 AM

Congratulations! Having been on her sister ship, the Adventure, three times, I am certain that you will love her!

I wouldn't worry about getting lost since pretty much everything is centered around the Royal Promenade and it is very hard to miss.

Have a great cruise.

Brad

Nadine 06-27-2011 05:31 AM

Thank you Brad and Sandy. It is the 8 day cruise. I wish it were 14!

Nadine

penny3333 06-28-2011 09:02 AM

Congratulations, Nadine! How exciting, especially cruising with your friends who have not experienced the fun:) Hopefully, they'll become addicted.

Nadine 06-28-2011 05:52 PM

Penny, it should be a lot of fun to introduce them to the joys of cruising! We have been to all the ports before, but they are good "beginner" ports. St. Martin is interesting because of the Dutch and French sides. We love the train ride on St. Kitts. It's fun as well as informative. Labadee is all about relaxing and/or having a blast, whatever they want to do. I'm sure we will go to a fort in San Juan.

Gosh, I get excited just thinking about it. I don't want to wish the next 7 months away, but look forward to all the planning and stuff. They are excited about getting passports! I remember that thrill, too.

Nadine

peter l 06-29-2011 04:56 AM

Nadine, congrats on booking that next cruise and 2 more cruise addicts hopefully. WE need to get busy because as of yet we have not booked our next cruise. The nice thing is, my wife will be retiring in Jan 2012 and we will no longer be limited to the traditional school break times that we have had to follow for so long and pay the bigger buck. Also, we have sailed on both Explorer and Adventure and loved them both. Have fun with all the cruise planning.

Peterl

penny3333 06-29-2011 11:18 AM

Peterl, tell your wife congratulations for me! I work for a university, so I understand the limitations. I'm not faculty, so I do have a little room, but not much.

Nadine 06-29-2011 04:57 PM

Peterl, that is neat that you wife will be retiring. Sometimes you can get some good last minute deals. Our cruise last February was booked three weeks before departure. That was exciting for us. One day in January we are freezing and watching it snow and a few hours later we had booked a February cruise!

We retired in 2005 and have done most of our cruising since then. Not a bad way to enjoy middle age and retirement!

Nadine

peter l 06-30-2011 04:21 AM

Thanks Penny and Nadine. Penny, my wife works for a College and, like you, is not faculty but may only take winter cruises when the College is on break and that has meant spending more than off times. I have been semi retired for 7 years, working part time and having lots of wiggle room for time off (currently on my summer - 3 months vaca). Wife has been on the fence about retiring but I think she realizes that we aren't getting any younger and I think she may be finally ready...She did give notice that she is retiring in Jan.
We did cruise last Feb and hooked my daughter and fiancee...Hopefully we can get some more newbies to join us next cruise.

Peterl