Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (
-   Royal Caribbean Cruise Line (
-   -   ID for Croatia?? (

amm 06-29-2011 11:53 AM

ID for Croatia??
We are travelling on the Voyager of the Seas on Oct.1/11, one of our stops is in Dubrovinic Croatia and I heard we will have to have 2 pieces of photo lamanated ID along with our passport....Is this correct? ....amm

Cruise Fanatic 06-29-2011 12:14 PM

Where did you hear that from?

alexandra cruiser 06-29-2011 01:38 PM

Just passport fine,,do check when leaving
cruise ship area,,and re entering,,,didnt ask for more ,,unless changed in 6 mos...can always check with your cruiseline if you got different info from them...if not,,dont worry,,passport is all you need,,like at every port in Europe,,,esp.US one.

Dave 06-29-2011 02:27 PM

I suspect that a minority of people in the general population have a passport plus two other forms of photo ID. The bigger question I'd ask is, if all I need to enter Croatia by land or air is a passport and perhaps a visa, why would I need more proof of identity because I was on a cruise ship?

amm 06-29-2011 07:38 PM

RCI and Croatia port
Hi I just checked the royal caribean site under visas for international travel. It does say you need a passport and two pieces of ID. I don't understand but will take ours with us. I don't take extra purse or ID with me usually, but I will this time....thanks, amm

wooddon 06-29-2011 07:44 PM

This is no good for my wife as she only has one piece of ID, her passport!!! She has used this all the time with no issue. However we have never been over to this place, so do not know.

penny3333 06-30-2011 05:54 AM

Thanks for letting us know amm, I don't have anything but my passport and driver's license, except for my staff id at work, which I never take with me on a cruise. I haven't been to Croatia either. Please let us know how your cruise goes:)

Dave 06-30-2011 06:24 AM

How odd, but then cruise line websites are not known for being accurate. I just checked the websites for both the Croatian Embassy and the the U.S. State Department. Both say only a passport is required, and at least for U.S. citizens no visa is needed for stays under 6 months.

I'm like Penny. All I have is a license and passport. When I do consultant work for TVA I have a photo badge for security access to nuclear plants, but that is all.

MCPayne 07-01-2011 06:40 PM

Wow, that's interesting. I'm in the same boat as Dave and Penny (no pun intended), in that all I have is a passport and driver's license.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:01 AM.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2