Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2011, 10:26 AM

Have a marvelous time, Svein, I know you will. I'm glad you're breaking your son in the right way He'll be hooked after the first cruise. Can't wait to hear your comments when you return.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by penny3333 View Post
Have a marvelous time, Svein, I know you will. I'm glad you're breaking your son in the right way He'll be hooked after the first cruise. Can't wait to hear your comments when you return.
Thanks Penny. You're right - our son needs to learn how to enjoy life at an early age
Old 07-17-2011, 05:11 AM
Well, a week cruising is going by so increadibly fast, and here we are, back from the most wonderful vacation in our entire life

The Vision is a wonderful little ship, just perfect size, with excellent crew all over the line.
The only thing I would not describe as "great" is perhaps the cruise director and staff, but on the other hand we didn't need them or their activities to have a fantastic time onboard.

We are so overwhelmed after this holiday that we will for sure cruise again. If we stick to RCCL or choose another line we don't know. My experience is so far that standard cruise lines like NCL and RCCL are exactly similar, with exeption of NCL's freestyle concept.

The activities, the theme nights, even the songs played at the sailaway party are all the same.

The ports were ok too, but travelling with a small son makes the life onboard more important.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:07 AM
Administrator

Welcome back, Svein!

The CD isn't important to us either. Glad to hear you liked the Vision and had a fun vacation.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:58 AM

Welcome back to you and your family, Svein! I'm so happy to hear hear much you enjoyed cruising from a passenger's point of view. Life looks different from the Lido deck!

You're right that NCL, Royal Caribbean and even Princess offer very much the same kind of experience. Vision is considered a mid-size ship these days, as the mega liners go. It's a very manageable size.

What was your son's favorite part of the cruise? Did he participate in any children's activities?
Old 07-17-2011, 09:29 AM
All right, Sandy we will keep Princess in mind next time around as well

Our son was in the kids corner one morning, but I think he got kind of bored. He loved hanging out by the kids pool and the evening shows

It was also a big relief that he and our table mates daughter got along so well at the dinner table, so a two hour dinner was no problem - also because of our fantastic waiter Vanessa
Old 07-17-2011, 10:26 PM

I'm happy to hear you had a wonderful cruise vacation. Welcome back!
Old 07-18-2011, 07:27 AM

Welcome home, Svein. Sure is different as a passenger, isn't it? I rarely pay much attention to the CD, either. However, on our Royal Princess cruise, the CD would come and eat lunch with us. She was a really interesting person and I could have listened to her stories for hours. So energetic. Of course, the Royal is a small ship and we were on a 2 week itinerary, so she did have more time to get to know the passengers.

It sounds like your son has already decided that the life on board a ship is a good life I bet he'd really enjoy the Caribbean. Pirates, beaches, colorful birds, sand castles, he'd have a ball.

Princess does have the Anytime Dining concept, too. I thought I read that RCCL was going to do it more, too. Carnival's a good line, too. I think it's fun to try each line. I've got quite a few more to go, but so far, Princess is my favorite followed by a close second with Costa.

Let us know when you book your next cruise!
Old 07-18-2011, 10:31 AM
You're right, Penny, RCCL does have what they call "My time dining", but we didn't go for it. 1st seating at 6 pm suited us fine since anything later probably would be too late for our little one.

Since both me and my wife spent most of our cruise life working in the caribbean itenirary, we'd probably do all the other destinations before we return there

The med has so much to offer, so has Alaska, South America etc. For us, just hanging out onboard was great too, the atmosphere onboard the Vision was amazing, only happy faces all over the place. I didn't see one single guest that had anything to complain about the whole week. For a simple guy like me, nothing is more relaxing than strolling around lido deck with my coffee (with a touch of chlorine ) chatting with crewmembers and fellow guests
Old 07-18-2011, 11:46 AM

Svein, did you run into anyone you know from NCL, now working on the Vision? When you spoke to the crew, did it make you miss your old job?

Closed Thread

Tags
day, package, petersburgh, rccl, review, st, tour