Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/)
-   -   RCI Offers 'All Access' tours (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/37187-rci-offers-all-access-tours.html)

Dave 07-06-2011 09:25 AM

RCI Offers 'All Access' tours

Add RCI to the list of cruise lines offering 'exclusive' tours of the normally off-limits areas of their ships. And yes, they will cost extra. $150 per person. Press Release

penny3333 07-06-2011 10:18 AM

WOW, that's pricey. I thought Carnival was bad at $95/pp. I think we only paid $45/pp on the Epic.

Dave 07-06-2011 11:30 AM

I'm sure the official stance is the fee is 'only to control capacity for security reasons', and not at all about being another revenue stream.

That would cost us $450 for the three of us to do that tour. I can't see it happening for us.

wooddon 07-06-2011 12:05 PM

I did this on Princess last year and it was $150, but they gave each of us at least $150 of gifts to take home. So it even out. They only allow 12 per tour and only did one tour each sailling. If you did not sign up on the first day, it was full. It's very popular and we love it.

Sandy 07-06-2011 12:22 PM

Wow, that's expensive for "up to" 3.5 hours.

wooddon 07-06-2011 01:31 PM

But it sell out very fast. You must get your name in quick or there will be no space let.

417rogers 07-06-2011 04:43 PM

My wife will gladly pay my fee. If it gives her a few hours alone on the deck instead of running around the ship it will be well worth it in her eyes. lol. I am kinda of a ship fanatic so I would be very interested to take part in it.

Dave 07-06-2011 04:59 PM

I might have considered it on the Allure since it is such an innovative ship. But $150 for a tour on the older ships, such as Monarch and Majesty? No way.

Plus, as diamond members we got a behind the stage tour for free plus a Q&A with the performers from all the production shows. I've been on many bridges and that doesn't fascinate me anymore. Same for the galley. It is just a commercial kitchen. Now, I would like to tour the engineering spaces but that would be it.

Sonny V 07-06-2011 10:33 PM

I wonder if these tours will have any effect on my free diamond plus tours. Bridge tours are the only one that I really have any interest in. I thought the Allure bridge tour would be a bit different, but they all look the same to me. If they stop inviting diamond plus members it would be OK with me. I'm glad other people will have a chance to see what I've seen on tours.

Wheels87 07-07-2011 04:55 AM

I just did the "Behind the Fun" tour on the Carnival Elation and it was only $55 per person. It did last the entire 3.5 hours.

It was worth it for $55 to see the bridge and the engine control room, but I cannot envision paying $150.

The real downside is that it took up so much time on the last sea day.

See ya,

Brad