Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/)
-   -   Caribbean January Weather (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/37234-caribbean-january-weather.html)

peterh 07-21-2011 06:06 AM

Caribbean January Weather

Hi folks

Thinking of taking our second cruise on the Navigator out of Fort Lauderdale mid-January. The cruise visits Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Jamaica and Labadee. Went to all these places in April 2010 on the Liberty and it rained everywhere except Labadee!! We do like the Navigator though and always thought it would be nice to see these places again without the rain!.........but what kind of weather can we expect in January.........not expecting hot weather but some sun would be nice!! Peter

alexandra cruiser 07-21-2011 06:55 AM

I did this last year,,and generally warm and sunny

we had a few rain showers,,,but in 80s and 65 range,,,do bring hat and sunscreen,,but you should have a great time...good luck

penny3333 07-21-2011 11:18 AM

If there's one thing that is unpredictable, it's the weather in the Caribbean. Typically, it's beautiful. Normally, the showers pop-up, then go away. Sometimes, there are systems over the area and the weather is yucky, but warm. We've gone in every month of the year and I cannot say one is better than the other. The reason I like March/April/May timeframe is because the daylight hours are a little longer. However, if the price is right, anytime is a good time. If it's a good price, go for it, you'll have a great time rain or shine. Of course, shine is better:)

Cruise Fanatic 07-21-2011 02:29 PM

Average temperature for January in Grand Cayman would be around 80 with average rainfall 2.2 inches. October is the highest average rainfall in Grand Cayman at 9.2 inches.

peterh 08-04-2011 05:39 AM

Thanks for this...........cruise booked now for 15th January. One other question......are any of the car rental agencies based at or near the port? I read somewhere that Budget is nearby but not sure
Thanks, Peter

Cruise Fanatic 08-04-2011 05:56 AM

In Cozumel there's car rentals right by the pier of Puerta Maya. In Grand Cayman you can catch a shuttle to Avis car rental at the Blue Iguana which is a short walk from the South cruise terminal. From the terminal you would walk out to the street and turn right.

peterh 08-04-2011 08:20 AM

Thank you for that......I have hired a car in Cozumel before and was thinking of hiring one in Grand Cayman..........but I actually meant the port at Fort Lauderdale......sorry, didn't make myself clear!

penny3333 08-04-2011 09:49 AM

Budget is off-airport which is right near the port in Ft. Lauderdale. I believe it's on Andrews Avenue. They do have bus service from the airport. Hope this helps.

peterh 08-05-2011 06:01 AM

Great....thanks for that Penny......Budget it is then!