Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2011, 06:26 AM
Talking Freedom
My wife is also prone to dizziness, but, as grandmag said, Bonnine is fantastic for her, and available on shore at many drug and grocery stores (we get ours at local Jewel). It's a once a day pill, WAY cheaper on shore than on board, and works wonders for her. Another consideration is the location of your cabins. Try and get a cabin mid ship, and some even say a lower deck level. Then,even IF the ship is movong for and aft, the movement will not be so easily felt. Also, just a little aside, they're called SHIPS, not boats. People use boats to drown worms catching fish (sorry, little ship humor there)
Old 08-04-2011, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCPayne View Post
Hi Lafayette, and welcome.

I've been on the Freedom of the Seas, but not the Allure, so I can't really compare the two. However, if you do decide to go with the Freedom, I think you'll definitely enjoy it. As stated, in most cases, unless you have really choppy seas, you won't notice you're at sea.

If you want to look at it, my review of the Freedom of the Seas is posted here
I am going to check it out
Old 08-04-2011, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1012 View Post
My wife is also prone to dizziness, but, as grandmag said, Bonnine is fantastic for her, and available on shore at many drug and grocery stores (we get ours at local Jewel). It's a once a day pill, WAY cheaper on shore than on board, and works wonders for her. Another consideration is the location of your cabins. Try and get a cabin mid ship, and some even say a lower deck level. Then,even IF the ship is movong for and aft, the movement will not be so easily felt. Also, just a little aside, they're called SHIPS, not boats. People use boats to drown worms catching fish (sorry, little ship humor there)
Thanks Jim1012 and Grandmag, I feel a lot better after reading your post. By the way, is Aug/Sept a bad time for Cruise?

Last edited by lafayette; 08-04-2011 at 07:59 AM.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:11 AM
Thumbs up Cruise
No, I don't feel that it is a bad time. It IS sometimes bad weather season, but two things I know-1) prices are alot cheaper then (Sept) due to weather season, and 2) Captain Johnnie once said "This is a ship. If the weather is bad over there, we'll go over here instead." Trust us all-you're gonna be hooked!! Have a great cruise!

Closed Thread

Tags
advice, allure, bad, bigger, caribbean, freedom, larger, majesty, oasis, rcl, review, royal, seas, senior, traveler