Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2011, 10:32 AM

Default Allure vs Freedom of the sea
Hi,
I am a new Cruiser and trying to book my very first cruise, I am trying to decide Allure of the sea or the Freedom of the sea. we are two families with 4 seniors and 3 kids (12-13) and 4 adults. we are hoping to go by the end of Aug.
Can someone provide some advice on which one I should chose? and is the weather going to be good? I (myself) sometime feels slightly inbalance(dizzy), I worry if it becomes worse on the boat.

Thanks
Old 08-03-2011, 10:46 AM

Hi lafayette, welcome to CruiseReviews! Congratulations on your upcoming cruise! The Allure is RCI's newest ship and is much larger than the Freedom. My best suggestion is to talk to a good travel agent, one that is CLIA certified. They can ask the questions that need to be answered to help insure a great cruise. The ships of today are so large, you barely notice movement. If you're worried, talk to your doctor before departing, they can prescribe patches or medicine to help you with your imbalance.

Either ship would offer something for everyone to enjoy. It would probably depend on the itinerary that bests suits your interests. Please let us know what you decide
Old 08-03-2011, 11:00 AM
HI...have sailed on Oasis (Allure's sister ship) and Freedom. If money if no question then go with Allure. However, Our first cruise ever was on Freedom and to date it has been the best. Make no mistake....Freedom is huge! You really can't go wrong.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:35 PM

Both ships have a lot of bells and whistles. The Allure is larger, has more amenities, but also carries about 2000 more passengers. This might be something to consider when getting off and on the ship in ports. Also, not knowing the age or how ambulatory your Seniors are, you may want to consider all the walking on the ship. No one can predict the weather. There are several Tropical storms brewing right now and there's no way to tell whether there may be more coming. As mentioned, these ships are huge and built to handle the waves. You may still want to consult with your Doctor on options best for you.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:10 PM

Thanks three of you and I will call the agent and consult with my doctor.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:18 PM
Administrator

You will definitely find better pricing on the Freedom Of The Seas.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:25 PM

Yes, the price for Freedom of the sea is better, since it is my first time, I would like to have the best experience, consider my dizziness, I guess maybe the movement will be smaller in a bigger ship?
Old 08-03-2011, 01:39 PM
Administrator

Trust me, on either ship you will likely not even know you are at sea unless you can see the water.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:31 PM

Hi Lafayette, and welcome.

I've been on the Freedom of the Seas, but not the Allure, so I can't really compare the two. However, if you do decide to go with the Freedom, I think you'll definitely enjoy it. As stated, in most cases, unless you have really choppy seas, you won't notice you're at sea.

If you want to look at it, my review of the Freedom of the Seas is posted here
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 08-03-2011, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafayette View Post
Yes, the price for Freedom of the sea is better, since it is my first time, I would like to have the best experience, consider my dizziness, I guess maybe the movement will be smaller in a bigger ship?
We've been on 25 + cruises. I am prone to travel sickness and I have probably taken medication no more than 5 or 6 times on all cruises combined. I use Bonine and need it for airplane and long car rides.

Closed Thread

Tags
advice, allure, bad, bigger, caribbean, freedom, larger, majesty, oasis, rcl, review, royal, seas, senior, traveler