Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/)
-   -   Complimentary dining on Voyager (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/37270-complimentary-dining-voyager.html)

SusanSam 08-03-2011 12:05 PM

Complimentary dining on Voyager

We just booked Voyager of the Seas for 2/11/2012, our 6th on RCI.

Does anyone know where I can find a list of the free eating locations on Voyager, similar to the ones posted earlier for Allure and Oasis?

Thanks!

penny3333 08-03-2011 01:12 PM

This link has several sublinks to the different dining venues for the Voyager:
Onboard Experience - Royal Caribbean International

Congratulations on your up-coming cruise!

Dave 08-03-2011 01:17 PM

I know of no list for Voyager but it is much simpler with that ship. You pay at Portofino and Johnny Rockets, plus for Ben & Jerry ice cream and some specialty desserts and coffees at the Cafe Promenade. The rest of it is included in your cruise price. Voyager will not be getting the Royal Enhancements upgrade until after 2013, which means when you cruise the ship will not have the many new (and extra fee) eateries.

Also note that room service is $3.95 per order between midnight and 5am.

Jim1012 08-04-2011 05:17 AM

Voyager

We are going on Voyager out of New Orleans next March over Spring Break week. We are very familiar with Mariner OTS, having sailed her three times or so, but were wondering if, other than Mariner is a little newer than Voyager, are there any major differences between the ships? We usually get a balcony or a JS. I have heard tho that our favorite specialty dining roon, Chopps, is not onboard. Anything else of note?

Cruise Fanatic 08-04-2011 05:45 AM

No major differences.

penny3333 08-04-2011 09:57 AM

Jim, you're brave, spring break week! :)

papaflamingo 08-07-2011 02:53 AM

Jim, I agree with penny....Spring Break....brave man. :) Just one note about Voyager, I have not been on her, been on Mariner twice. I believe Mariner was the last Voyager class ship (obviously Voyager was first). We are going on Feb. 11 and I am totally excited. The rates are amazing. I see SusanSam will also be on that cruise. Anyway, one difference that you should know about is that when they built Voyager the balconies are all within the ship structure. On the later ships they essentially hang outside the superstructure. It may seem a bit more closed in than those on Mariner. If you look at any pictures of her you'll see what I mean.
Anyway, simply a note. It'll still be a great cruise. Spring Break.....wow....brave....really really brave..!

Jim1012 08-07-2011 07:55 AM

Voyager

Brave, true, but have little choice. Being a cop, I have to choose when I go on vacation in December, the year before we go anywhere. The wife is a teacher's aide and is afraid of loosing her job if she takes too much time off when there is school, so spring break is my way of letting her choose when we go; you'd think with four kids of our own and working at school she'd want to avoid so many extra children, but so be it. However, this cruise is the one which we needed to get to Diamond status!!

penny3333 08-08-2011 10:20 AM

WooHoo, Diamond Status!!!!!!

Sonny V 08-08-2011 04:39 PM

Too bad you can't sail in December and get double points. Besides not having Chops Grill, the only difference between the Mariner and the Voyager is that the balconies don't have glass from the rail to the floor, and the voyager doesn't have the islands for getting food in the back of the Windjammer.