Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2011, 07:16 AM
Default Grandeur out from Palma
As some of you may have seen, my family and I had a blast onboard the Vision in July, and is already thinking of booking a week on the Grandeur in the Med next summer.

The week on the Vision was very family friendly with lots of other families in our situation travelling with small children.

Does anybody have any experience with the crowd on the cruises Grandeur are doing out from Palma? We are really wanting to take a Med cruise next year and we find the Vision class ships perfect for us, but it have crossed my mind that other cruises out from Barcelona (Epic or Liberty) are more for families?
Old 08-04-2011, 09:55 AM

RCI has childrens programs available on all their ships. I can say from experience, the Epic is a fabulous ship. There is so much to do, they even have a rock wall and 3 water slides. I know Sonny has sailed on the Granduer and I think Dave and Cruise Fanatic have, too. I can also tell you, the Epic is the same size as the Oasis and Allure, just a little more narrow, I believe they said 6" or it might have been 6', can't remember.

Cruise lines are really trying to cater to families. But from experience, the largest percentage of children/families I've found have been on Costa. I really love that line, too! RCI does a great job with children, though.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by penny3333 View Post
RCI has childrens programs available on all their ships. I can say from experience, the Epic is a fabulous ship. There is so much to do, they even have a rock wall and 3 water slides. I know Sonny has sailed on the Granduer and I think Dave and Cruise Fanatic have, too. I can also tell you, the Epic is the same size as the Oasis and Allure, just a little more narrow, I believe they said 6" or it might have been 6', can't remember.

Cruise lines are really trying to cater to families. But from experience, the largest percentage of children/families I've found have been on Costa. I really love that line, too! RCI does a great job with children, though.
Yes, RCCL have a great programme, quite similar to NCL's. (Our son found it a bit boring though. )
My concern is not the organized programs onboard, rather than the atmosphere onboard among other guests on that cruise out of Palma. My experience is that on some cruises children are "frown upon". On the other hand - if you don't like children, why don't you go to Saga Cruises or Azamara
Old 08-04-2011, 01:03 PM

Svein, it's hard to know in advance if any one sailing in particular will have families with children aboard.

That said, on a 7 night itinerary during summer holiday time, I'm betting there will be other families aboard. If you were looking at a longer cruise, or a cruise during school time, maybe not so much. But on a family cruise line like RCI in the summer, I think you'll be ok.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:01 PM
Well, already booked!!
22th of july next year we'll be setting sail from Palma on a 7 night med cruise - with a balcony stateroom of course
Old 08-05-2011, 02:05 PM

That's great! What a wonderful cruise to look forward to.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:39 PM
Administrator

It's so nice to see Svein got hooked to the other side of cruising!
Old 08-05-2011, 05:29 PM
Administrator

Congratulations, Svein. I'm sure your family will have a wonderful time!
Old 08-08-2011, 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
It's so nice to see Svein got hooked to the other side of cruising!
Well, Dave, I'm hooked all right. It's hard to put a finger on exactly what does it for me. I don't like bingo, I'm not onboard to learn how to dance salsa. I think it must be the fact that you have the opportunity to completely cut the string to your everyday life and have a totally relaxing week without thinking about anything than what to wear and what to eat

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-08-2011, 10:17 AM

Congratulations, Svein! Which ship did you book?

I know exactly what you mean about not having to be in touch with your everyday life. I don't go near the internet cafe and the cell phone goes off before I board

Closed Thread