Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/)
-   -   C&A Points Question (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/37485-c-points-question.html)

Jim1012 09-22-2011 01:23 PM

C&A Points Question

I don't remember who said it, but I have a couple of questions about getting points towards your C&A status;

A) Do ALL cruises taken during DECEMBER count as double points?
B) If not, which cruises DO get double points?
C) IF you book a JS or higher during December, since a JS or higher is worth double points,
would you get 28 points for a 7 day cruise in a JS or higher cabin?

Or; did I misunderstand what I thought I read?

Dave 09-22-2011 02:32 PM

From the flyer I received, the December Celebration is limited to the Diamond level or higher C & A members. The points deal is applicable to all sailings departing Nov. 26 - Dec. 31, 2011, except for Liberty of the Seas and Jewel of the Seas sailings departing on Nov. 26, 2011. They will give triple points for suites and double points for other cabin categories. So, you would get 21 points for a suite booking on a 7-night cruise.

According to RCI, I will be getting 8 points for the 4-night Rock Legends cruise even though it is a full-ship charter.

Sonny V 09-22-2011 02:53 PM

Dave has it right. All you need to do is sail one day during December to get double credits. That's why November 26 sailings qualify for the credit bonus. My Nov. 26 ends on Dec. 4th. It's a 8 night cruise so I'll get 16 credits. I'm staying on for the 6 night cruise sailing on the 4th for another 12 points, giving me a total of 28 points. I'll have a total of 538 points when I'm done. I needed 525 points to get my third amenity. I did B2B's during the December Diamond Celebration--I was happy to see they are doing it again this year. For some people getting to Diamond Plus status will be a lot quicker if they do the Diamond Celebration every year.

417rogers 09-22-2011 05:57 PM

wow

Thanks guys......8 points for a four day quick trip on Liberty in December is a nice little bonus.

Sonny V 09-22-2011 09:05 PM

Don't forget, the extra points are only for those that are Diamond or above members.

Jim1012 09-23-2011 05:03 AM

So, I'm gathering that this is a promotional thing that RCI is repeating, not SOP for ANY December cruise of Diamond Status members, correct? Thanks Dave and Sonny

Midwest Cruiser 09-23-2011 05:44 AM

I didnít realize that you were eligible for the double points as long as you sailed one day in December. I was under the impression that you needed to begin your cruise in the month of December. Good news! Thanks for the info.

Dave 09-23-2011 01:23 PM

Jim,

The December "Diamond Celebration" is now in it's 3rd year, so it does seem to be something RCI plans to do each year as long as it entices bookings. The points are nice but the special gifts aren't too shabby either.

417rogers 09-23-2011 06:11 PM

ahh...oh well..not at diamond yet...will be there someday....I'm happy for those getting double points!

Jim1012 09-24-2011 10:08 AM

C&A

Thanks Dave-we become Diamond next March after our Voyager cruise. Another good idea from RCI, and I plan on taking advantage of it in the future.