Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2011, 12:59 PM

Smile Allure Shows
How are the shows on the Allure? Are any better off being passed on? How about the aqua theatre show? Is it true that you have to make reservations for the shows?

Thanks

Dave

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-18-2011, 01:10 PM

Dave, I thought the shows on Allure were the best I've seen on any Royal Caribbean ship, and better than many other lines' shows, too. I enjoyed all of them. I wouldn't recommend missing any of them, including the water show.

it's recommended to make reservations, but it's not mandatory. They let everyone who has a reservation into the various show venues first. About 10 minutes before show time, they open the house to anyone who wants to go in, assuming there are empty seats available. If you're not sure what day and time you want to see a show, you could go to the Box Office on the Promenade and make last minute reservations, if available.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:47 PM
Administrator

Dave,

It is really a good idea to make your show reservations on-line before your cruise starts. That way you won't be disappointed. Once aboard you can see if you can change things around if they have available seats. At least if you have a standing reservation you won't miss something due to a lack of seating. The downside of a ship with around 6000 passengers is that the show venues cannot handle the crowds without a reservation system. I know on our cruise aboard Allure in June, when we attended the water show there were very few open seats for walk-ups, and thus many people were disappointed. One guy caused a scene over it.

There will be more open seats for early shows on port days, for obvious reasons.

We loved all the shows. Very high standards and talent. Not your typical 'cruise ship salute to Hollywood revue' type of entertainment.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:12 AM

I agree wholeheartedly with Dave (can we ever disagree with the Master . I was on Allure in Sep. FANTASTIC!!!! We did every show (I normally don't do many shows). We reserved on line then changed as we could. For the Aqua Show we simply showed up at an earlier, more convenient show, and waited for a seat. Figured if we didn't get in we'd simply use our tickets for the later show. Worked fine. There was generally not much problem getting in. But at least the tickets guarantee admission.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:47 PM

If you book online how do you get the tickets?
Old 10-31-2011, 01:59 PM
Administrator

There are no paper tickets. If you have a reservation it is linked to your cruise card electronically. At the entrance a crew member will scan your cruise card with a handheld reader, which will show if you have a valid reservation. They also use this system for the emergency drill to muster everyone.

Closed Thread

Tags
allure, book, comments, cruise, early, locations, make, open, reservations, review, ship, show, shows, talent, water