Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2011, 12:26 PM

The $839 is a special weekend promotion so you would need to book quickly as it could disappear at anytime. There is an additional $97.49 per person taxes on top of that. The third person is $300 plus that additional tax also.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron_who
For the fun loving kids/family oriented cruiseline:
- Carnival (Fun ship, Average Food and Service, good entertainment)
- Royal Caribbean (Good Service, food, entertainment)
-Celebrity (Good Service, Food, Entertainment)

For quiet relaxing read a book cruiselines:
- Holland America (Great service, good food, average entertainment)
- Norweigen "NCL" (Average Service, and food, good entertainment)
Welcome to cruisereviews. Just my two cents based on cruising multiple times on each of the lines mentioned--I'd flip Celebrity and NCL as far as being kids-oriented. A lot also depends on the destinations and length of the itinerary. I think you'd be OK in the Caribbean no matter which line.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:16 AM

I see the price already jump up $90pp. The $839 price was there for a week. With Royal Caribbean's double point special for the month of December the ships are nearly filled. Prices really go up when there aren't many cabin left.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:34 AM

Thanks a lot to all of you who took time to respond toi my qn..
I looked in the RCCl website as you recommended. I also talked to a local cruise agency and came up with this itenary..
Cruise Details - Royal Caribbean International

This leave on Dec 17th for a week and costs 1679 for 3 of us including taxes.
This is in Serenade of the seas.

Can you please advise if this is a good itenary and if it is a good ship? I dont want to spend huge money on huge ships yet since this is our first. We thought we'll do that next time if we like it this time.

I have blocked this package for now(got cabin 3604 and 3606); but am planning to confirm it once I get some nods from you guys.. I need to finalize this by tomorrow. So, please advise.

Thanks a lot.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:17 AM
Thumbs up First Timer
I believe that you'll like the ship, as it is our second favorite class of ship, the Radience class. We have been to two of your stops before; San Juan is very interesting, and we also like St. Maarten. We have not done a Southern Caribbean cruise, and have not sailed out of San Juan. If, like many, your cabin is mearly a place to store your things and sleep, then cabins low on the ship (deck #3 in your case-I think) will be fine. There is some shopping onboard the ship, but not a Royal Prominade type area. We felt that this size ship seems to have a little more "classy" feel, and we liked her very much. Exept for your cabin choice (I prefer higher up and with a balcony), I think you'll enjoy your first time!!

Need some cruise help?
Old 10-31-2011, 10:32 AM

Thanks for youe response Jim. In our group we have 3 kids in total in the age rnge of 6 to 9. So, I am a lil scared to get a balcony room; need to keep an eye on them all the time.. Thats the reason we picked the ocean view cabins.. Balcony, may be next time..

Anybody else who have been to South caribbean?
Old 10-31-2011, 10:42 AM

The Radiance is indeed a nice ship and the Southern Caribbean is a great itinerary. Have you priced the cost of airfare to Puerto Rico though, and weighed the difference between flying into and cruising from a Florida port?
Old 10-31-2011, 10:54 AM

Thanks CruiseFanatic. That's encouraging :-)
I checked the price to fly to Puerto Rico. It comes to around 600 pp. Comparing the total price between Florida and SanJuan, San juan still comes at a better price...

I am opening a new thread to speciafically address this qn of finalizing my itenary..

Last edited by jayasesh; 10-31-2011 at 11:02 AM. Reason: created new thread
Old 10-31-2011, 11:48 AM

This is your first cruise so no matter where you go, or what you do will be an amazing new experience. It's like the first love of your life - you'll never forget it. Saying that, I want to let you know that the Southern Caribbean itinerary is my favorite. The Radiance Class ships are beautiful. I love the open back dining in the Windjammer (the buffet) and the elevator with a view of the ocean as you're going up or down. I think you made a very good choice. Make sure you see the Crown and Anchor Loyalty ambassador and sign up to the Crown and Anchor Society. It's free and you will get a coupon book if you sail with Royal Caribbean again.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:06 PM

Looks like a nice choice. We enjoy the southern caribbean and always stay at least one night before so that we can explore and not be rushed the day of the cruise. You have selected a busy itinerary so you shouldn't have a problem finding exciting things to do.

Enjoy your cruise!
2004 Voyager, Adventure
2005 Explorer
2006 Brilliance
2009 Liberty, Enchantment
2010 Independence, Liberty
2011 Liberty, Freedom
2012 Freedom, Freedom, Independence
Feb 2013 Liberty
Mar 2013 Liberty
Nov 2013 Independence

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, carribean, choose, cruise, d1, decide, difference, e1, im, night, planning, quiet, recommend, relaxing, royal, ship, size, timer