Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2011, 06:29 AM

Thanks a lot Sonny and Midwest Cruiser! It feels so good to know that I have chosen a good one.. Thanks a lot for your help.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:22 AM
Question First Timer
Hey Sonny, now I have a question. You stated earlier in this posting that a balcony cabin D-1 was the highest you could get before a Jr. Suite. What is the difference between cabins D-1, D-2, E-1 and E-2? Does one have something the others do not, or does it relate to deck location, or fore and aft on the ship? The web site appears to lump them together as listing them the same.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:52 AM

Hi Jim!

There is a difference between a D and E category. The D's are a little larger than the E's - depending on the ship. On the Navigator there's only a 4 sq. ft. difference. The numbers 1 - 2 - 3 are in reference to the location. On some ships you would notice about a foot more space between the bed and the wall. I'm in an E-1 on my first cruise this month, a junior suite my second, and another E-1 on my third. I bought an E-2 guarantee on my third cruise and was given a D-1. I called RCCL and changed it to an E-1 because the location was more to my liking.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:07 PM
Sonny
I know this is the wrong thread for this question, but what did you think of Falmouth Jamaica? And what did you do there if anything?

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 11-01-2011, 12:12 PM
Thumbs up First Timer
Sonny;
We have now moved up to, and really like Jr. Suites, just for the extra room between the end of the bed and the dresser area. (I'm not the smallest guy). I often wondered about the differences between D's and E's, but 4 sq feet doesn't seem like much to worry about. Thanks for the info tho.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:35 PM

On the Freedom Class the difference between a D and E is about 15 sq. ft. I agree with you about a JS. It's a perfect size.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:15 PM

Marsha,

We didn't do anything in Falmouth except for getting off and doing some shopping on the dock. The area was very clean.

Old 11-02-2011, 02:37 AM

I have to agree with Jim... For husband and I ship is the "excursion" for us. We are planning a cruise on Freedom in December 2012 (1st sun of Dec.) To be quiet honest I can NOT remember where we are going.. Look at cruise ticker..we are going there again(if it shows). We did a 4 night cruise through Disney. It was great but for your 1st cruise I would recommend min. Of a week. Pretty much all ships are pretty big and 4 days may not be long enough to do everything that is offered on ship (activities for kids and adults, and places to eat). We have only done Freedom through RCCL so I am no help when it comes to other ships.

What we do before every cruise(next year will be our 3rd) is we do a park before hand..RCCL works with Universal Studios. All transportation will be taken care of. And for us our RCCL reservation # was our reservation # for universal. just thought I would throw that out there for the kids ( and for those adults who are still kids, like us).

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-05-2011, 06:40 AM

To the OP...I would also highly recommend flying to San Juan at least one day before the ship departs or you may end up finding yourself flying to your first port-of-call.

In January, through no fault of our own, my wife and I missed our connecting flight in Charlotte and would not have made it to the ship on time if we had been flying in on the day of departure.

Good luck,

Brad

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, carribean, choose, cruise, d1, decide, difference, e1, im, night, planning, quiet, recommend, relaxing, royal, ship, size, timer