Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2011, 08:32 AM

Default 5 Night Short Western Med Cruise
Hello,

I have cruised many times before but never with RC or in Europe! I will be flying out to Barcelona in May for the 5 night short western med cruise as well as staying 2 extra nights in Barcelona.

I was wondering if anyone has taken this cruise before and if so could tell me how their experience was. If you have, please feel free to share things I must take advantage of on this ship (Liberty of the Seas) as well as the 3 ports. (Cannes, Florence, & Rome)

Thank You!
Old 11-17-2011, 01:58 PM

Hello Shareen3,
Welcome to cruise chat. You say this is your first time to Europe and I think one of the best ways to see it is on the Hop on off Bus. This is a great way to see Barcelona in a day.The bus does a loop of the city and you wear headphones explaining what sights you are passing and you can get off, see the sight and another bus comes along every few minutes and get on the next one to continue the loop. About 20 euros PP. A day trip to Monserrat is also worth doing and most hotels can arrange it. Rome & Florence are both 1.5 hrs from the port .Spend the extra money and do a ship tour . We have used Romeinlimo before but we were a group of 6.
Onboard be sure and try one of the specialty dining options like Portafinos or Chops.Worth every penny !
Old 11-17-2011, 02:27 PM
Shareen3.....In Bacelona the HOHO (Hop OnHop Off) Bus is the way to go....A day trip out to Montserrat and Sitges is likewise a great choice.Florrence is easy walking to see all the sights...try a cruise bus into Florence...they will give you a map...and tour on your own...Rome...again cruiseline bus to Rome...then a HOHO. Language is never a problem in Europe. We have used Viator for HOHO's in many cities...they are available on line and reliable.

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy

BillyBuzzy

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carribean, cruise, day, forums, med, mediterranean, meditraean, night, rccl, reveiws, review, reviews, romeinlimo, royal, short, western