Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2011, 03:42 PM
Administrator

Bill,

It is an incredible amount of talent to be on one cruise together. Certainly beats having the crew rock band playing in the hanger deck of the Nimitz.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:56 AM
Administrator

Headed out the door for airport and flights to FLL! Overnight at the Hilton Airport, then boarding Liberty Of The Seas on Thursday with Cruise Fanatic, Mr. Fanatic, Paul Motter, and ZZ Top!
Old 11-30-2011, 10:51 AM
Have a GREAT cruise you all--I'm sure it will be.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:33 AM

THanks F-Mattox! Too bad you weren't with us.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:23 PM
Thank you. I wish I could have been. Maybe next time.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:45 PM
Administrator

Cruise Fanatic and I just returned from this cruise. I think CF will agree with me by saying 'Whoa! What a spectacular cruise!' Not just good bands but true legends of music would be playing at any given moment. How about standing in the Windjammer buffet for lunch and have Dusty Hill from ZZ Top walk up behind you to load up his plate? Happened to me. How about George Thorogood having an audience standing and cheering for 90 minutes? Edgar Winter playing Frankenstein and you are standing 5 feet away from him? It all happened on this cruise.

The only negative I had was getting popped for a random search by Customs at debarkation, and that was the ship's security that let me down with their crude handling of it. But I expect I'll get over it by tomorrow although I do want RCI to know about it so they can improve their process.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:22 PM

All I can say is Awesome, Awesome cruise! Cruising will never be the same. I had my picture taken with Charlie Huhn from Foghat. Bill had his taken with Pat Travers, and then the next day Pat was behind me in the Windjammer getting bacon. LOL. Yes, George Thoroughgood, where did he get all that energy! Bad to the Bone. Today at the airport we saw Doug Gray from Marshall Tucker and Bill went over and talked to him. He is a real class act guy. An unforgettable cruise! They may be doing it again.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:52 AM
I captured a couple pictures from your sail away.
Is it obvious that I was jealous?

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 12-06-2011, 07:58 AM
Administrator

They had problems getting the equipment aboard and set up. At the moment those images were taken, instead of Pat Travers playing poolside their sound man was doing mike checks. It was also very windy, something that stayed with us all cruise. We had 50 mph head winds on the last day of the cruise, so much so that the ship slowed to a crawl of maybe 3 knots to let Artimus Pyle finish his set at the pool stage without being blown away.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:41 AM

Thank goodness they did. It would have been very disappointing to not hear Artimus end his set with "Free Bird." Awesome end.

Closed Thread

Tags
113011, 2010, 2011, chat, cruise, legend, legends, lendend, libe, line, post, reviews, rock, roll, seas