Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2011, 08:18 PM

Default Child care services aboard ships
Hello all, great information on this forum for all the new bees... I am planning on going on my first ever cruise this January with my wife and 2yr old daughter. No more than 5 nights. I see two options, RCL Liberty To bahamas or Disney Dream to bahamas.
My main concern is daycare facilities, how does those work on these cruise lines, can I drop my daugther off at any time, or do i have to reserve in advance, are they available throught the day, do they offer late night childcare, incase me and my wife want to hit the dance floor or a bar... How long can i leave my daughter off.. I want to make sure i can get childcare so my wife and I can atleast hit all the adult areas... Please advise, which ship is better... If there are others with better child care services, please do let me know..

Some talk of prior reservations with chil care, how does that work? Thank you all!
Old 12-21-2011, 04:39 AM
Administrator

They have designated hours on Royal Caribbean. They also offer a sitter service where one of the staff will come to your cabin and babysit. Of course this is all extra fee stuff, even the Royal Tots program. Look here.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:06 AM
Thumbs up Baby Sitting
When we were on Liberty last year, we tried to get a crew member to baby sit our youngest grandaughter for a few hours. The crew volunteer to be used as a baby sitter, and they are paid by the people in the cabin who hire them. We went to the service desk and asked for a crew member, but we had waited too long and non were available. I would go to the service desk upon boarding the ship and letting them know which day/days and times you'd like (in other words, get on top of the list). RCCL has the best "little people" groups, and the kids seems to really enjoy going to them. Good Luck!
Old 12-21-2011, 10:17 AM

Thanks! So do RCL (Liberty) has like a child care center or Nursery, where we can drop our daugter off, I saw the link Dave posted, it does not mention which ship has it and which does not. I would imagine that the 'In Room Care' is for times when the child care center is not available?
Old 12-21-2011, 10:25 AM

Also, in my situation.. travelling with a Two year old, should I go with Disney Dream or RCL Liberty? Ofcourse priorty is to get help caring for my Daughter so my wife and I can spend sometime together.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:27 AM

Yes, Liberty of the Seas has the Royal Tots program. 6 months - 3 years. Adventure Ocean starts at 3 and up.
2004 Voyager, Adventure
2005 Explorer
2006 Brilliance
2009 Liberty, Enchantment
2010 Independence, Liberty
2011 Liberty, Freedom
2012 Freedom, Freedom, Independence
Feb 2013 Liberty
Mar 2013 Liberty
Nov 2013 Independence
Old 12-21-2011, 10:39 AM
Default Baby Sitting
I was speaking about baby sitting in the cabin, i.e. after dinner to see a show, etc.

Closed Thread

Tags
babysitting, care, carribean, child, childcare, cruise, day, disney, dream, ild, late, night, providers, royal, travelling, work, year