Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2011, 04:09 PM
Default Cruising best rates?
Hello, hello, its been ages since I have been on here! Hi Dave you were always so helpful when i was on here

Im thinking of another Royal Caribbean cruise, Im Irish and wondering whats the best way of getting a good deal, by their own website, or by going through a travel agent?

We're thinking of either Dubai or Greek Isles and Turkey, my husband is not as keen on crusing as me, so I need to pick somewhere good!

Any help greatly appreciated. we've done the med, its ok but nothing like the Caribbean where the weather is glorious and such fantastic ships, been on Voyager, Liberty, Oasis!

Oasis was actually too big, if thats possible just a crazy size but fab!
Old 12-28-2011, 04:18 PM

Corkgirl

Most cruise prices, I think, regardless of where you book, are the same. The only difference is that if you book through the cruise line, they pocket the commission that they would have given to the travel agent. I doubt you'll see much difference in fares between travel agents and RCI, once you do your research.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 12-28-2011, 04:28 PM
thank you, but isnt there something about royal caribbean bringing down the price of the cruise if you book it directly with them and they have to reduce the price closer to the sailing date?
Old 12-28-2011, 04:30 PM
Administrator

As with many things travel-related, I imagine the process for cruise bookings in Ireland isn't exactly the same as in the U.S. As MCPayne said, over here the price is supposed to be the same whether you go with an agent or book directly with the cruise line.

Perhaps you can find an agent in Ireland who has a group booking with open cabins. These can offer good rates plus some perks like onboard credit.

Personally I'd find a cruise visiting Turkey and Greece to be more appealing than one from Dubai, plus the flights wouldn't be that long for you. That is another consideration for keeping Corkman happy!
Old 12-28-2011, 04:33 PM
lol! yes corkman is not good at airports! thanks Dave, will look around as there seems to be some serious differences in prices! Many thanks
Old 12-29-2011, 06:19 AM

I wouldn't expect most travel agents and/or RCI directly to be watching your cruise price and taking advantage of drops in pricing. On our last cruise with Princess we took advantage of the pricing drop twice and we got this by being proactive in each case.
Enjoy making your cruising decision and have a great time.

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews