Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2012, 04:54 PM

Question Allure of the Seas cruise coming up
I am doing the Western Caribbean cruise on Allure of the seas leaving on 02/26/12. Does anyone know how far it is to the Montego Bay, Jamaica resort of Sunset Beach Resort. I have heard great things about a day pass there. This is not offered on the cruise, but have heard a taxi ride is short distance from Falmouth, the RC new port their. Anyone done this, or gone on their own in that area? Any help is appreciated.
Past Cruises:

All Royal Caribbean

02/23/02 Radiance of the Seas 7 night Southern Caribbean
01/31/05 Monarch of the Seas 4 night Baja Mexico
02/01/09 Adventure of the Seas 7 night Southern Caribbean

upcoming:

02/26/12 Allure of the Seas 7 night western Caribbean

Last edited by DanoHB; 01-23-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:12 AM

I Was in Falmouth in Sep. and going on Voyager Feb. 11. It appears that Montego Bay is about 30 min. cab ride. There is a shore tour that does go there. The port is brand new and has all the shopping (Diamonds International, Colombian Emeralds, etc.). Leaving the port is a bit intimidating as the locals set up a straw market and gather at the entrance to try and sell stuff, give rides, etc. But I walked out on my own and went around to take pictures of the ship. I found myself alone in the residential district. The few people walking were very nice. But I will admit that walking alone is probably not a great idea. However according to web comments Falmouth is safe and quite historic. There are some recommended eating establishments and bars in town and of course the standard Jamaican markets (do a web search). We plan to simply stay in the port area and hang out and enjoy the ship. But there are beaches etc. nearby (cab rides away) and supposedly the cab fares are fixed. This port is a HUGE economic boost for Falmouth so I expect the locals will treat passengers very well to promote their income.
Hope this helps.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:17 AM

Thanks for the info. I guess wherever they used to dock, it was a 5 minute ride. Now that they are in Falmouth, seems much further. I heard about the resort somewhere else and it got raving reviews. There is not an excursion that I can book to it from ship is the problem. may have to forgo this one. May just hang out and check out Falmouth. I like to see other cultures and this sounds safer than venturing out on my own with my wife. Thanks for the help.

All Royal Caribbean

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-25-2012, 06:47 PM
I just got back from the Allure on Sunday! I did the Chukka beach break excursion. It was a beautiful beach and the excursion included transport, a beach chair and lunch. Because it was an area where I didn't feel completely safe it was well worth it for me. I'll post some pictures in a few days.

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 02-10-2012, 07:56 AM

Angry Question
How far out from your sail date were you able to book on line entertainment? We are 51 days out and we still can't do it. Thanks

Old 02-15-2012, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Knott View Post
How far out from your sail date were you able to book on line entertainment? We are 51 days out and we still can't do it. Thanks
I booked kinda late (45 days out) and was able to do it immediately.

All Royal Caribbean

Tags
2012, 4, allure, baja, cruise, falmouth, hooking, jamaica, mexico, night, port, resort, reviews, sea, seas