Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2012, 08:29 AM

Default Delay Explorer of the Seas
This is the message my daughter received via Email two days before her cruise on 1/27/12... Important Updates - Royal Caribbean International

It will be interesting to see how RCCL handles this. My daughter had to book another night in the hotel she had booked the day before the original sailing date. She and her husband are not looking forward to spending another day in a hotel room rather than a day on the ship. Ironically, they are taking another couple along that have never been on a cruise. I took almost two years to convince this couple to go on a cruise with them. Hopefully, RCCL will reimburse them for the day lost out of their 10 day schedule. I'm sure there's probably about 3,000 other passengers with the same concerns--how do you change airline tickets or many hotel arrangements with a two day notice? Who gets stuck with all the extra cost?

On the positive side - they will still be on a 9 day cruise.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:01 AM

Unhappy
Ouch ! Sonny, with all the cruises you have taken, have you ever run into a similiar situation? I know that we tend to go in 1 to 2 days ahead of our cruise just to extend it but then you add on another day of hotel and expenses and ??? Who is responsible for that extra expense and the fact that now it is a 9 day and not a 10 and you lose out on an Island that I would want to have in my cruise as I have not been back since all the changes there. I guess we will have to wait and see what you tell us (the real story) when the cruise is over.
But yes, its still a cruise to warmer climates and beautiful waters.

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-26-2012, 11:55 AM

That is really too bad. For first time cruisers, especially, missing Labadee is a shame. It's a fun port where you don't have to spend a lot of money to have a good time. Plus, it's a beautiful area.

When we go on our cruise next week, we are taking friends who are first time cruisers. Changing everything at the last minute would really be a bummer. I feel your daughter's pain!

I hope everything goes smoothly for them once they get on the ship. I would certainly hope there would be some reimbursement for the lost cruise time, plus the extra hotel night.

One positive thing--the first time cruisers won't know what they are missing! They'll just have to go on another cruise next year to visit Labadee. That's not totally bad!

Nadine
Old 01-27-2012, 08:20 AM

Wow, think of the 3000 people who missed their flights home ?
Old 01-27-2012, 02:55 PM
Administrator

RCI was doing something to save the life of a passenger, which required the ship to divert to get close to Puerto Rico so a Coast Guard helicopter could land on the ship and evacuate the passenger. That fact won't keep some passengers from blaming RCI and wanting all of their cruise fare refunded, even though they still got a cruise ...some with an extra day and some with one less day.

It is a mess for sure, but what else could they do?

Tags
01272012, 12712, 2012, 27, caribbean, delay, delayed, explorer, explyer, jan, royal, seas, seasdelay, ship