Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2012, 08:35 AM

Default Oasis of the Seas help:)
We are cruising in a couple of weeks and just had a few questions....
does the spa book up on the Oasis, or can you still make reservations once on the ship?
How about the shows? Do these things really need to be booked before we leave?
Thank you!!! So excited!!!
Old 01-31-2012, 01:37 PM
Administrator

I suggest you book shows online if you want a choice of seating times. Otherwise you have to take what's left, and some can sell out leaving people in a stand-by status. Some likely are already sold out for online bookings since they hold back a certain number of seats for those who want to wait and book aboard. They only hold back a small amount of seating for shipboard booking, unless online reservations didn't max out.

As for spa treatments - I've never heard of them being hard to book aboard the ship, and given how they push them from the moment you walk aboard I am sure you will be fine in waiting for those reservations.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I suggest you book shows online if you want a choice of seating times. Otherwise you have to take what's left, and some can sell out leaving people in a stand-by status. Some likely are already sold out for online bookings since they hold back a certain number of seats for those who want to wait and book aboard. They only hold back a small amount of seating for shipboard booking, unless online reservations didn't max out.

As for spa treatments - I've never heard of them being hard to book aboard the ship, and given how they push them from the moment you walk aboard I am sure you will be fine in waiting for those reservations.
Hi peerue,
itīs better to book the shows online, the earlier the better. For some fivethousand passengers on board there is not a free seat for everyone. W did it seven weeks before our cruise started and it was all perfect. Enjoy the "Oasis". We love this ship.
Greetings from Franconia
Uwe
Old 02-05-2012, 02:06 PM

I have never had to book a seat for a show on a cruiseline. Is this a regular event on some cruiselines? We just returned from a cruise and if we wanted a good seat at a show, we just arrived far ahead of time for the show. Do you have to pay for seperate shows on some cruise lines? As for the spa services, we did have the promotion of those services "shoved" down our throats. When we did visit the spa, it seemed as if nobody was using it.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:30 PM
Administrator

On Oasis and Allure you have to reserve some show times in order to be guaranteed a seat. Those with reservations are seated first, and then when it gets to be 10 minutes from show time they open up the venue for anyone to enter and those who had reservations but didn't arrive in time are on their own too. There is no fee involved. It is a crowd control method because of the passenger loading versus venue seating capacity.

For these shows they offer them more than once during a cruise so all passengers will get to attend the shows, it just may not be at their preferred time or day.

I should add that you can only reserve one seating per show, per cruise. If you want to see it again you have to wait until they open it up to standby guests.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:28 AM

Hi Peerue

when we went on the oasis in 2010 it was only the aqua show (which you mostnīt miss) and the comedy show, who were difficult to get in without a reservation, the others were not a problem.
by the way donīt miss the roastbeef sandwich in park cafe, it is the best sandwich we have ever tasted
Old 02-23-2012, 05:45 AM

I can't speak of the spa services, but we did take a walk through there the first day and they had people offering up appointments, so I am sure you will be able to book on board. They do specials on land days.

Shows, you most definitely should book ahead of time. On our ship they were full and if you wanted to try and get in, you had to wait in line and then they opened it up 10 minutes before the show to people for those who didn't show up.

Around the ship you will find interactive kiosks that will tell you how full any one activity is. If you choose not to book ahead of time and want to plan on the fly, you may want to check these out before getting in line.

Have a great time!

Carnival Triumph - Spring Break Cruise - 2006
Carnival Victory - Birthday/Summer Cruise - 2007
Oasis of the Seas - Group Cruise - 2010
Old 02-23-2012, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjustrup View Post
Hi Peerue

when we went on the oasis in 2010 it was only the aqua show (which you mostnīt miss) and the comedy show, who were difficult to get in without a reservation, the others were not a problem.
by the way donīt miss the roastbeef sandwich in park cafe, it is the best sandwich we have ever tasted
yes, yes, yes, YES, YES, YESS!!! I couldn't agree more with all of this.

I wish we had found the park cafe sooner. They have excellent food! My husband ate about 5 roast beef sandwiches in one sitting!

Carnival Triumph - Spring Break Cruise - 2006
Carnival Victory - Birthday/Summer Cruise - 2007
Oasis of the Seas - Group Cruise - 2010

Tags
2012, caribbean, cruise, forum, oasis, reservations, review, reviews, royal, seas, ship, show, shows, spa, tips