Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2012, 05:29 AM

Question Age Restriction
I tried to bring this info up in a couple of areas but could not see much of a discussion about age for travelers other than RCI states that there must be a person over age 21 in a cabin. I seem to remember that if rooms are adjoining that it is OK..Are there interior cabins that are set up this way as well as balcony, etc. Daughter and large group are planning a cruise with a group of their senior children for next Spring. I'm thinking it could be as many as 8-10 families involved.

Also, with a group booking is there an opportunity for any reduced cabin rates other than the regular lesser charge after two in the cabin?

Thanks

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-10-2012, 07:26 AM

Peter, depending on the ship, there are limited numbers of connecting cabins, like a double connecting to a triple. Newer ships have family cabins that can sleep 8, or even larger, multi-bedroom suites.
Some cruise lines allow under-21s only in a connecting cabin, while others allow adjacent and the occasional across-the-hall room.
Many cruise lines don't have group rates per se, but have other perks for a group of at least 8 cabins (in most cases). I'd advise you to seek out an experienced group cruise travel agent who can advise you of all the perks, options, etc.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:03 AM

Thanks Sandy, do you know about RCI's policy on age as I think that is the way they are leaning as they feel RCI has the activities best suited to the age group of the teens that would be in this group sailing?

Thanks

Peterl

Old 02-12-2012, 09:00 AM

Peter

I found this on Royal Caribbean's website. If I interpret it correctly, I believe at least one member in each stateroom must be 21, unless there's a parent or guardian in an adjoining stateroom.

I like Sandy's suggestion, though, of booking through an agent that has experience booking large groups going on a cruise. They would have the knowledge of the age policies on most cruise lines.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 02-13-2012, 05:25 AM

Smile
Thank you, that was very helpful information that I can share with the parents of teens.

Peterl

Old 02-23-2012, 05:49 AM

Yes, you should be able to get a discounted rate on the rooms for a group. The 'group rates' start at 8 rooms.

Carnival Triumph - Spring Break Cruise - 2006
Carnival Victory - Birthday/Summer Cruise - 2007
Oasis of the Seas - Group Cruise - 2010

Tags
21, adjacent, adjoining, age, ajoining, cabin, cabins, caribbean, connecting, cruise, crusie, lines, rccl, restrictions, reviews, room, royal, share, staterooms