Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/)
-   -   Inside Cabin or Ocean View (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/37872-inside-cabin-ocean-view.html)

BuzzyBear 02-12-2012 10:14 PM

Inside Cabin or Ocean View

Hi everyone, just a bit curious. We have been on 1 cruise and had a balcony room on Liberty Of The Seas. We found we didn't really spend much time on the balcony or room for that matter. I am considering booking another cruise and wanted opinions on Inside Cabins vs Ocean View. What is the better value and would a person feel claustrophobic in an inside cabin? Also is it so dark, that you can't tell if it is night or day?

Cruise Fanatic 02-12-2012 10:28 PM

Inside cabins are almost always lower than outside cabins. However; it depends on which decks each are on. Inside cabins are dark and you won't be able to tell if it is night or day. Those that are prone to being claustrophobic should get an outside cabin.

peter l 02-13-2012 05:32 AM

Welcome BuzzyBear to Cruise Chat. We have never stayed inside cabin but have experienced the others; a port hole, window, and of course, our favorite the balcony. We know of several friends that we have traveled with that have done the inside and the last time we went into one on the Crown Princess to visit with a couple. Other than it appearing to be a little smaller and nothing to look at, it appeared comfortable...I'd have to agree, you would never know if it were day or night, or what the weather was unless you went out on deck. From a savings standpoint, and if it were the only cabins left for a cruise I really wanted to be on, I'd be there. Money not spent on the more expensive cabins could be better spent elsewhere; and, you get all of the same great benefits as other passengers.

Peterl

Sandy 02-13-2012 08:20 AM

Inside rooms ARE very dark; so much so that your eyes never adjust to the dark. If you reserve an inside room, bring a night light with you.

The Ocean View rooms have the advantage of not only your being able to look out, but perhaps more importantly, they let the light in. I'd go for an Ocean View, even an obstructed Ocean View if the price of your room is critical, just to have that advantage.

poormom 02-13-2012 01:04 PM

I've had inside cabins on my last three cruises, and I have to say, they really aren't bad at all! they've been designed usually with a mirror that give the illusion of having a window. They are well lit and I tend to go to bed at night and wake up inthe morning. I have a travel alarm clock with a flashlight on the bottom that lights when I lift it.
Most ships have a bridge camera on the TV and you can check the weather and the daylight.
I say give it a try. I never felt claustrophobic or deprived in any way. There are plenty of places to sit and enjoy the ocean. If this is the price point that gets you on the ship, by all means go for it!