Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2012, 01:38 PM
cica's Avatar  
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 192
Question 150 Central Park
I will like to know if anybody has many for "150 Central Park" restaurant in "Oasis of the Sea". I was thinking to make reservation. Maybe some of you can tell me what you think
about food and the restaurant?
__________________
cica
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2012, 03:45 PM
Dave's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Alabama
Posts: 17,757
Default
They've changed chefs since I ate at 150 Central Park on Oasis. At the time it was a multi-course tasting menu which I liked although my tablemate (Paul Motter of CruiseMates) felt it was not enough food to qualify as a full meal. Bear in mind this was the first revenue cruise for the ship and they oddly could not source the ingredients for a course which we were shorted.

It is otherwise like eating at Chops, with gracious service in a nice quiet atmosphere. Some of the wine selections can cause guests to choke. I recall they had wines that went for $1000 or more per bottle as well as more reasonable choices. I was feeling like a Rockefeller that night and ordered a glass of red wine that went for $50. I could not tell any difference between it and a more typical $10 glass.
__________________
Dave
Editor, CruiseReviews.com
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2012, 06:09 PM
cica's Avatar  
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 192
Default
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
They've changed chefs since I ate at 150 Central Park on Oasis. At the time it was a multi-course tasting menu which I liked although my tablemate (Paul Motter of CruiseMates) felt it was not enough food to qualify as a full meal. Bear in mind this was the first revenue cruise for the ship and they oddly could not source the ingredients for a course which we were shorted.

It is otherwise like eating at Chops, with gracious service in a nice quiet atmosphere. Some of the wine selections can cause guests to choke. I recall they had wines that went for $1000 or more per bottle as well as more reasonable choices. I was feeling like a Rockefeller that night and ordered a glass of red wine that went for $50. I could not tell any difference between it and a more typical $10 glass.
Thank you Dave,
what do you think is this going to be nice place to take my daughter she is 27 yr. old, for dinner?
__________________
cica
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Dave's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Alabama
Posts: 17,757
Default
Yes, you and your daughter will love it! It is a high end restaurant experience.
__________________
Dave
Editor, CruiseReviews.com
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-04-2012, 11:41 AM
cica's Avatar  
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 192
Default
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Yes, you and your daughter will love it! It is a high end restaurant experience.
Thank you, I will let you know after my cruise in June
__________________
cica
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-06-2012, 02:27 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 156
Default
We did 150 Central Park on Allure in Sep. It was my 60th birthday so we decided to treat ourselves. It was Fantastic. A 5 course tasting menu. We bought one bottle of wine, a nice one recommended by our waiter, for about $60. It was perfect for the 2 of us for the meal. They do have a wine pairing option which would be quite nice if you want to spend the extra and have a glass per course.
The chef was Molly Brandt and she was a contestant on Top Chef this last season. The courses are small but very delicious. The dinner takes at least 2 hours and is very nice and sophisticated. The waiter explains each course. My wife is allergic to seafood, and one course was seafood. They called our cabin the day of our reservation and confirmed it and asked about food allergies, etc. I explained her seafood allergy and the were able to substitute tofu for the fish. Not a fan of tofu, but she said it was actually quite delicious.
Bottom line, it was a great dinner. Very special. A wonderful way to celebrate something special. We will certainly do it again. I do disagree with Dave though, I don't think it is anywhere like Chops. Very gourmet, very elegant. Actually, they made me feel like a Rockefeller.
Oh, one other point. On our cruise the menu changed half way through the week. We chose the day we went as it only had one seafood dish, the other menu had two. You may want to see if one menu is more to your liking than the other if it changes on Oasis.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2012, 05:05 AM
cica's Avatar  
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 192
Question Izumi
Quote:
Originally Posted by papaflamingo View Post
We did 150 Central Park on Allure in Sep. It was my 60th birthday so we decided to treat ourselves. It was Fantastic. A 5 course tasting menu. We bought one bottle of wine, a nice one recommended by our waiter, for about $60. It was perfect for the 2 of us for the meal. They do have a wine pairing option which would be quite nice if you want to spend the extra and have a glass per course.
The chef was Molly Brandt and she was a contestant on Top Chef this last season. The courses are small but very delicious. The dinner takes at least 2 hours and is very nice and sophisticated. The waiter explains each course. My wife is allergic to seafood, and one course was seafood. They called our cabin the day of our reservation and confirmed it and asked about food allergies, etc. I explained her seafood allergy and the were able to substitute tofu for the fish. Not a fan of tofu, but she said it was actually quite delicious.
Bottom line, it was a great dinner. Very special. A wonderful way to celebrate something special. We will certainly do it again. I do disagree with Dave though, I don't think it is anywhere like Chops. Very gourmet, very elegant. Actually, they made me feel like a Rockefeller.
Oh, one other point. On our cruise the menu changed half way through the week. We chose the day we went as it only had one seafood dish, the other menu had two. You may want to see if one menu is more to your liking than the other if it changes on Oasis.
Thank you. I will try. Yesterday I make reservation for "Izumi" restorant for dinner.Did anybody try that place?
__________________
cica
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2012, 01:12 PM
Dave's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Alabama
Posts: 17,757
Default
I never got around to Izumi but it seemed quite popular.
__________________
Dave
Editor, CruiseReviews.com
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2012, 03:41 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 965
Default
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I never got around to Izumi but it seemed quite popular.
Talk about a coincidence, if you will. 20 or so years ago when I lived in the Seattle area, Izumi was one of our family's favorite Japanese restaurants to go to. I'm not sure if it's still there, but I'd be surprised if it was. I doubt these locations are related, though, just a coincidence of the name.
__________________
2007 - Majesty of the Seas (Bahamas)
2009 - Enchantment of the Seas (Western Caribbean)
2010 - Freedom of the Seas (Western Caribbean)
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2012, 07:56 PM
cica's Avatar  
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 192
Default
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCPayne View Post
Talk about a coincidence, if you will. 20 or so years ago when I lived in the Seattle area, Izumi was one of our family's favorite Japanese restaurants to go to. I'm not sure if it's still there, but I'd be surprised if it was. I doubt these locations are related, though, just a coincidence of the name.
I hope food is good?!
__________________
cica
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
150, caribbean, central, choose, chops, google, images, maxi, menu, named, oasis, park, review, rotation, royal, waiter

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Balcony/Promenade vs Balcony/Central Park SanDee Royal Caribbean Cruise Line 4 07-13-2011 10:20 PM
Park N Go Mrs.C05 Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers 1 01-07-2011 09:34 AM
Travel Channel Alert! - Tonight at 9pm central - Mariner Of The Seas Dave General Cruise Chat 13 07-14-2009 11:14 AM
Chankanaab park Chase Caribbean Port Chat 8 08-26-2005 06:29 AM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
 

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:02 PM.

Contact Us - Terms of Use - Cruise Reviews Home - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2