Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2012, 05:07 PM

Default July 2, 2012 Monarch Of The Seas
This is our first cruise we are 20 and 21 and completely clueless of excursions to reserve. I have looked for hours all over this forum and another without much guidance. Our itinerary is below.

02-Jul Port Canaveral, Florida 4:30 PM
03-Jul Cococay, Bahamas 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Tendered
04-Jul Nassau, Bahamas 7:00 AM 11:59 PM Docked
05-Jul Cruising Cruising
06-Jul Port Canaveral, Florida 7:00 AM

At this point we have decided on a rainbow reef snorkel tour in Nassau. Kayak adventure at Cococay. We figure will soak up the sun and relax on the beech in Cococay since thats our first port.

Nassau is the big mess we have haven't the slightest idea what we wanna do other then snorkel. I know for sure shes gonna wanna do some shopping any must shop places in Nassau? I wouldn't mind doing a tour of the city as long as its very interesting and we aren't just walking around sweating to death in the heat. I've seen alot of people recommend you just go online and book a tour not provided by the boat. Does Nassau offer any places that just has amazing food that you just gotta try while there? Any must see beeches?

I'm open to any suggestions at this point. Just keep in mind we are young full of energy and wanna enjoy ourselves to the fullest.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:32 PM
Administrator

Nassau is not high on my list of 'great' ports. Frankly, the last 5 times I have been there I stayed on the ship but then I've been there about 20 times on cruise ships.

We recommend that cruisers go to Paradise Island and check out Atlantis. Personally I would go to Cable Beach and one of the hotels there that offer a day package.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:28 PM

I must agree with Dave about Nassau...I only was there once on a Disney cruise. We spent a total of 45 minutes there. We did do an excursion...so I can't recomend any although I heard Atlantis can be fun. When we make reservations for a cruise we make it a point to make sure cruise does not go there..IF it does we will not get of the ship.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-31-2012, 05:40 PM

I believe sometimes you just have to make your own fun. There is plenty to do in Nassau. Like Dave, I have been there more times than I can count. However; in all the times I have been there I never had ventured out to the area they call the Fish Market. So in December when I was there I took the local bus to check it out. It turned out to be a very pleasant day as we came across a Formula One type auto rally out by the Fish Market. There were some very unique cars. There are many restaurants and bars there and we had some of the best Conch fritters. Better than the ones that had been recommended to me at a small stand inside the cruise terminal. Traveling is about experiencing the culture and seeing new things. Get out and explore.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:48 PM
Administrator

Never heard of the Fish Market. I guess I need to check it out next time!
Old 04-02-2012, 03:33 PM

Any good places to eat in Nassau?

Tags
2012, caribbean, cruise, july, monarch, nassau, rainbow, rcc, reef, review, reviews, royal, seas, sight, snorkel, taxi, tour