Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2009, 03:26 PM

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to get on my own from the Marco Polo airport to Terminal Venezia Passegerria (Venice Cruise terminal). If I take the airport bus (ATVO) and get dropped off in Piazzale Roma, how do I get over to the cruise terminal? Royal Caribbean says they do not offer a shuttle? Can I walk? What other options are there?

Can I walk from the cruise terminal to St. Mark's Square? How long of a walk is it?

Also, when I disembark, I need to store my luggage somewhere for the day while I sightsee. Any suggestions? At the end of the day I need to get back to the Courtyard by the airport. What is the least expensive way to do this?

Thanks for the help.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:42 PM
There is a Left luggage at P. Roma
http://www.venicebanana.com/eng/maprom.htm

You can take a taxi from P Roma to the port if you take the bus or just take a taxi from the airport
http://europeforvisitors.com/v...in_venice_by_air.htm
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 08-28-2009, 11:50 AM

You need to take a water taxi from the port to anywhere in Venice. It is a magical city. We were there in 2007 and it was more than I ever imagined. Take the water taxi and wander the shops. See the pigeons in St. Mark's Square. Ride a gondola (expensive, but need to do it). Have a capaccino and pastry at one of the beautiful sidewalk cafes. Buy a mask. So much to see and do. Have fun.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:59 PM

So is it cheaper to take a taxi from the airport all the way to the port, or take the airport bus to P. Roma and then a taxi from there to the port? How far of a distance is it from P. Roma to the port? Could we walk it?

Thanks!
Old 09-04-2009, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by cruiser19:
So is it cheaper to take a taxi from the airport all the way to the port, or take the airport bus to P. Roma and then a taxi from there to the port? How far of a distance is it from P. Roma to the port? Could we walk it?

Thanks!
I believe the bus is 3E pp and a taxi from P Roma is 10-15 E
a taxi from the airport to the port is easier , less hassle
Ask over on the "trip advisor" forums lot of locals to answer your questions
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, caribbean, cruise, distance, hal, line, marco, marks, polo, port, rccl, review, royal, shuttles, square, st, terminal, ternminal, venice