Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/)
-   -   Royal Caribbean Visa Card Points (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/38040-royal-caribbean-visa-card-points.html)

Dave 04-25-2012 02:48 PM

Royal Caribbean Visa Card Points

I like the new way RCI Visa card holders can use their points. No paper vouchers being mailed back and forth for our OBC on the June cruise as in the past. I went to the points website, selected the OBC and our booking was updated to include it in a day or so. Note that you can't see this if you access your booking at the RCI website. My agent sent me an updated pdf file of our reservation and it shows the OBC. So, we get $250 on the credit card points and another $100 for booking the cruise while on the Allure last summer. Hard to beat $350 to spend on the ship.

penny3333 04-26-2012 07:18 AM

That is the way to go:) I wonder why they won't let you view your OBC on-line?

peter l 04-26-2012 08:40 AM

I love my RCI card and use it as often as we can to accumulate points; we have taken adv of the OBC only as that is why we originally took it and its great to have it to knock of the $$. Nice to hear that it can be done so quickly now and not have to worry about doing it so far in advance to insure its is there when you cruise.

Peterl

wooddon 04-26-2012 10:31 AM

Of course only the US people can use this!!! This has been a big issue for everyone outside of the US for years!!! We have a J.C. PENNY card, Marcy card and lots of other US stores card and get points, but not for the cruise lines. We have no idea why. I work for a bank and they say its not a banking issue as everyone should be able to take advantage of these features.

peter l 04-28-2012 05:15 AM

Wooddon, I have my RCI through BankofAmerica and I'm not sure if this is just issued through that bank and only in the US and is an agreement between them. Perhaps RCI customers in Canada should voice there disapproval of being excluded and maybe TD Bank in Canada could be added if this would not be prohibitive in the contract. Not sure how that works.

Peterl

wooddon 04-28-2012 10:17 AM

Yes its only issue in the US. We have written letters and our travel agent company have spoken to all the cruise lines about this to no avoid. Its some type of Bank agreement. I am A IT person at TD in Toronto for 40 years and they can't offer it as Bank of America holds the rihts to this credit card. All the banks bid on getting these companies sign up and have the bank name on it. The cruise company indicates that over half of the customers are from Canada now, so they have better start looking at these type of benefits for us or we will look somewhere else. What we don't understand is that we can sign up for all of the US stores credit cards, but not the cruise lines. Makes no sense.