Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2004, 10:23 PM

I know this question probably has been answered but I'm having trouble finding the thread. Can one carry their on luggage onto the ship? If I could I'd like to just go ahead and get everything put away before sailing and begin enjoying my cruise. Is it mandatory that they be taken by the porter and delivered to the cabin?
Old 04-03-2004, 10:23 PM

I know this question probably has been answered but I'm having trouble finding the thread. Can one carry their on luggage onto the ship? If I could I'd like to just go ahead and get everything put away before sailing and begin enjoying my cruise. Is it mandatory that they be taken by the porter and delivered to the cabin?
Old 04-04-2004, 05:54 PM

I think most lines will let you carry your own luggage on board yourself. Keep in mind that you may have to wait in numerous lines for long periods of time before you can even board the ship. Then sometimes you come across escliaders and stairs as well. When you are on board then you have to search for your room and fight the crowds that are doing the same as yourself. All of this can be rough and tiring when you are toting your luggage and carry-on. On all the cruises I have been on, the luggage has been delivered fairly quickly. I feel paying the porter $1.00 per bag is worth it all to avoid the hassles! :&gt
Kristy
Old 04-04-2004, 06:41 PM

thanks collette. after your tiring description it makes me wanna pay the porter $10....especially after lugging my 'bag o junk'
Old 04-04-2004, 09:27 PM

LOL! Sometime it can be a small hassle just keeping your carry on from bumping those around you. If you are worried about your clothes for the evening's dinner, usually the first night is casual or you can pack something in your carry on. Have a good time!
Kristy
Old 05-21-2004, 09:51 AM

They may not let you do that any longer. Security reasons. I think it needs to be screened before being let on the ship similar to airlines. I would check with the cruise line first. Hate to stand all that time with all those bags just to be sent back.

Closed Thread

Tags
baggage, bags, barcelona, board, caribbean, carribean, carry, carrying, cruise, lines, luggage, norwegian, onboard, royal, ship, suitcases