Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2012, 01:37 PM

Angry Upgrading a cabin before final payment
I booked 3 inside cabins (6 adults and 1 child 14 month old) through an online UK TA in Feb 2012 for an rcl cruise on the Mariner of the Seas on the 8 Sept 2012 and made a deposit of 150 for each person. Final payment is due on the 2 June. After my father in law passed away we decided to bring my mother in law with us on the cruise and add her to our inside cabin (2 adults 1 child). As of yesterday the price of the group of cabins has decreased by around 1400 so i asked the online TA to quote the addition of an adult in my cabin and complained about the price drop. I have read that sometimes you can ask for a free upgrade or onbaord credit due to the price drop. Does anyone know if this online TA does this because they gave me a quote and didn't bother about the price drop.

I also asked the TA to quote for a larger cabin. Their reply was that only a junior suite is big enough while another TA told me that balconies with sofa beds are available. To add insult to injury the price quoted is 1146 more than a new quote I got from the same online TA. My TA gave the following reason

"RCL has advised that the prices that are advised on their website are todays live prices. The quotes I have been given are the upgrade prices under the term and conditions and promotional code your original booking was made under not the live prices that are advertised on their website."

The weird thing is that the price for the extra 4th passenger in the existing booked cabin is based on a live price while the upgrade to a better cabin which I'm willing to pay the difference for is based on the old fixed price however the price I have been quoted for the 4th passenger without charges is higher than the one I paid for the third passenger. It simply doesn't make sense.

Am I wrong to expect that if the TA does not honour a price drop that an upgrade should at least be charged with the new prices?

Last edited by Dave; 05-17-2012 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Remove link per Terms Of Service
Old 05-17-2012, 03:29 PM
Administrator

The booking rules are often different depending on the country, and we have found the UK to have lots of things that do not correspond to the rules we have in the U.S. and Canada.

I am not qualified to answer your questions. Perhaps one of our other UK members will drop by and provide some insight.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:10 AM

Thank you Dave. It seems I still have a lot to learn on cruise pricing policies.

Tags
adults, caben, cabin, cabins, caribbean, cost, cruise, curise, inside, paid, paying, royal, upgrade, upgrades, upgrading