Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2012, 12:54 PM

Default Eastern med cruise - help!
Hi - my partner and I have booked our first cruise with Royal Caribbean voyager of the seas for our honeymoon in September. We are both in our mid twenties. We're off on the eastern med cruise visiting Sicily, kussidasi, Athens, Crete. Only thing - we have no idea what to expect, pack or do when we get there! If anyone has been on this cruise I would be very grateful for any tips regarding drinks packages and excursions - is it cheaper to do our own thing? Are there any beaches we can visit or is it pretty much sightseeing? What is the night time entertainment like? How do we tip the waiters etc?? What type of clothing do we need for day and night??

Any guidance will be a great help!!
Thanks!
Old 06-01-2012, 06:46 PM
We did a cruise a few years ago to the Med. It was 12 days and we could't pack that much luggage. One of the things I packed were a few pair of pants I got at one of those outdoor (camping) places. They zip at the knees and turn into shorts! I had these because it was really hot when we went, but any time we were touring a church, holy place, etc., guys are supposed to wear long pants (and women cover their shoulders).

FUTURE:
Carnival Breeze - Jan 2013

PAST:
Carnival Conquest - 2011, Oasis of the Seas B2B - 2011, Carnival Conquest 2010, Carnival Ecstasy - 2010,
Carnival Conquest - 2009, Carnival Ecstasy - 2009, Brilliance of the Seas (Med) - 2008,
Carnival Miracle - 2007, Carnival Conquest - 2006, Rhapsody of the Seas - 2005, Vision of the Seas - 2003,
Rhapsody of the Seas - 2001, Carnival Inspiration - 2000, Carnival Jubilee - 1999
Old 06-02-2012, 05:01 AM

Oh they sound like a really good idea! I will have a look round for some! Thanks for the info!
Kirsty
Old 06-03-2012, 03:40 PM

Hi, Just got back from the same med cruise you will be taking in September and you are going to have a fabulous time. The ship is beautiful. The staff is really great. Food was exceptional. As for the ports, do take some of the excursions offered by the ship. We really loved Turkey and Crete and Sicily(Taorimina) was just delightful. Crete you can take a shuttle from the port and and it takes you to the area without the expense of the tour. September it should be hot so shorts or cargos are good. The ship has at least 2 formal nights so remember your suit jackets and slacks. The rest of the dinners are casual dinner attire ( no shorts )Anyway another point, If you are flying into Rome and plan on staying in Rome until the day of the sail, you can take the train from Termini station to the port city Citevecchia. It's really inexpensive and a fun way to travel. Beware of the helpers that will seem like they are helping you find your train only to demand euros. Make sure and validate your ticket before entering the train. There is a 5-10 minute walk from the train station to the ship. Tips are settled on the last day of the cruise. It is a set amount and can be added to your credit card. Soda is unlimited and can be pre-paid as can a water package. The cabin attendent will leave an itinery of the next days events in your cabin daily and you will see there are alot of activities. The shows are really good and the clubs are jumping. If you like to party or not you will find what you what onboard. I hope this helps you. Enjoy your cruise. Bon Voyage!

Last edited by Kris v; 06-03-2012 at 04:05 PM.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:57 PM

Hi Enjoy your trip!

Last edited by Kris v; 06-03-2012 at 04:09 PM.

Tags
2012, cargo, caribbean, cruise, eastern, excursions, med, mediterranean, pack, reviews, royal, seas, shorts, tips, voyager