Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/)
-   -   Internet Access - Voyager of the Seas (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/38141-internet-access-voyager-seas.html)

kazzablanka 05-29-2012 09:12 PM

Internet Access - Voyager of the Seas

I am cruising on Voyager of the Seas in October from Tianjin, China to Singapore.
My first question is wether internet access is available from your cabin or if it can only be accessed from several "hot spots" around the ship.
My next question is what power source is available on board. I am from Australia, so I am figuring that I will require an adaptor of some sort.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Dave 05-30-2012 03:31 AM

I believe Voyager was upgraded and now has wi-fi in the cabins as well as at several hotspots around the ship. As a minimum there are those public area hotspots. It isn't free though.

The Voyager has outlets for 110 volt U.S. and 220 volt European style plugs in each cabin.

Jim1012 05-30-2012 05:14 AM

Hot Spots Only

We just got off Voyager last March Spring Break time, and she did not have access inside the cabins-only in hot spots about the ship. We mainly used the cafe area of the Royal Prominade

Dave 05-30-2012 06:04 AM

Thanks Jim. It is hard to keep track of which ships have the enhancements. Even on the ships with cabin wifi I've often found it not as good as the hotspots. I like going to the cafe promenade and having morning coffee while I check email on my iPad.

Jim1012 05-30-2012 10:20 AM

Hot Spots Only

Dave, agreed. It seems that every time I get off a ship, it gets upgrades- maybe it's me........

Jim1012 06-05-2012 12:20 PM

Voyager

Kazzablanka, another thing you'll notice on board is that RCL has pulled many Asian crew from other ships to staff Voyager. We had a Chinese waiter (Ning) and a Chinese cabin attendant (Li), and both people were MORE than helpful and friendly. The ship should be getting close to a refit date, as some parts are starting to show some age; NOT critical, but we have sailed on newer ships in the fleet, and my wife and I both noticed a few things. If you have been on a newer ship, you'll notice them also. Don't get me wrong, the ship is wonderful, as is the crew, food, and service. I posted a review back in the early part of April this year if you want to read more. Hope you have a great time, on a nice ship, and report back to us when you're done! You'll want to go again, and that's a guarentee!!

Dave 06-05-2012 01:12 PM

We went on the Splendour in Alaska when it had just repositioned from Asia in 2008. Many Chinese crew and they were so wonderful to us. This one bar waiter was about 6'8" and just full of charm. He worked out table in the dining room. Another guy was a bartender. I saw him again over two years later on the Oasis. I walked up to the pool bar on embarkation day and he immediately came over and said 'Hello Mr. Beers! The usual?' I said yes and he made a bacardi and coke. And yes, that is my usual.