Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/)
-   -   Heading For Bermuda Aboard Enchantment Of The Seas! (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/38182-heading-bermuda-aboard-enchantment-seas.html)

Dave 06-12-2012 05:54 PM

Heading For Bermuda Aboard Enchantment Of The Seas!

We leave Wednesday morning for Baltimore, and board Enchantment Of The Seas on Thursday for a great cruise itinerary - Bermuda/Boston/Newport with sea days in between.

I was told by the RCI press relations manager that he had e-mailed the ship to request that they comp my internet time. So we'll see. If it happens I'll post updates here "LIVE" from the ship every day!

Going whole hog again....Owners Suite. Gotta get those C&A points and make Diamond Plus!

LisaP 06-12-2012 05:58 PM

Bon voyage! This really is a super itinerary.

And, I also look forward to getting the scoop in person in a week. See you then!

MCPayne 06-12-2012 07:20 PM

Enjoy, Dave! I think you'll like the Enchantment! I was on her back in 2009.

poormom 06-13-2012 10:14 AM

Have a great trip Dave. Please take lots of pictures of the owner's suite.
Bon voyage

Dave 06-15-2012 08:12 AM

I thought the Rock and Roll cruise was next January!

Day 1 on Enchantment and it was 'rock and roll' night and morning. As soon as we hit the Atlantic the seas were noticeable and as I type this they have 'calmed down' to just 10 feet with occasional larger swells. Earlier this morning and overnight it was probably 15 foot seas coming at us as quartering swells. High winds too. So far I haven't come across any 'accidents' on the decks.

Had a good dinner last night. The dining room was very confused and lines at each door were still there 15 minutes after they opened the doors for main seating. Not sure what the problem was but there was a line to see the dining room manager, one for my time dining, and then two lines for people who just wanted to be seated. Despite this, our great wait staff got us in and out in 70 minutes which suited us since we don't like to linger over dinner. At a table for 4 so it is just us.

Not much entertainment last night. The usual welcome aboard show and lounge music. Saw the NBA final game at Bolero's.

Hopefully the seas will improve and we'll have a calmer afternoon and evening. First formal night is tonight.

Concierge Reyno is an engaging man and so is the Captain - "Anders". He goes by his first name.

More later. Internet is not the best right now.

denjoker 06-15-2012 10:55 AM

Enchanment Captain

So Dave - is the Captain still the guy who is a dead ringer for Bob Newhart? He really is one of the entertaining parts of the ship. The food demo in the atrium was hysterical.

cica 06-15-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denjoker (Post 293995)
So Dave - is the Captain still the guy who is a dead ringer for Bob Newhart? He really is one of the entertaining parts of the ship. The food demo in the atrium was hysterical.

Bon Voyage Dave!

Dave 06-15-2012 05:21 PM

Not the dead pan captain you are referring to, but this guy does the cake decorating routine too from what I am told.

Dave 06-16-2012 06:04 AM

I just remembered the Bob Newhart/Johnny Carson captain is named Rob.

Rough seas were again with us most of last night although not as bad as the first night.

Had a pleasant formal night dinner. Roast duck was well prepared. Here is an annoyance though - they put tent cards on the tables touting the fresh Maine lobster (whole lobster) for $24.95. The price isn't really that bad I guess but the card also said a 15% gratuity would be added. Really? A gratuity for ordering a lobster? Is the bar waiter involved somehow?

Smooth seas right now as we approach Bermuda, which is off our starboard quarter.

Plans for today are to wander around King's Wharf. It is overcast with a 50% chance of showers.

Oh, and last night my iPad demagnetized my cruise card and I couldn't get in the cabin.

MCPayne 06-16-2012 07:09 AM

Glad you're having fun, Dave. That is strange that they're adding a gratuity for the lobster. The price, though, I think is reasonable, before the gratuity.

Anyway, I've had a couple instances when I couldn't get into my cabin as well, because I had my cruise card in my shorts, and I changed to pants for dinner. That wasn't a problem, though. I just went to Guest Relations, and told them my name, and they issued a new one. I was prepared to show them a photo ID, which I did have on me, but they said they had the photo on the computer.