Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/)
-   -   deliberating RC - 6 day or NCL - 7 day (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/38208-deliberating-rc-6-day-ncl-7-day.html)

grover 06-25-2012 03:09 PM

deliberating RC - 6 day or NCL - 7 day

We haven't cruised in many years and are taking our kids 21, 19 and 13 yo. We are down to 2 Western Caribbean cruises... RC Independance for 6 night, or NCL Pearl for 7 night, basically we pickup Cozumel on NCL. My kids like to be active, and probably like shore excursiuons. Is RC that much better than NCL to miss a day at Cozumel?

Dave 06-25-2012 03:25 PM

Don't look at the cruise lines as much as the ships themselves. The Independence Of The Seas has a lot to offer for active people, including the Flowrider and rock climbing wall, plus a full size basketball court.

One thing to note, perhaps, is that Norwegian will allow parents to sign a waiver to allow those 18-20 to consume beer and wine. Royal Caribbean does not do this on cruise from American ports.

The biggest question is whether Cozumel is important to you. I've always liked Cozumel although it is so commercialized now that I long for the good old days of 20 years ago, when it was a quaint little stop.

grover 06-25-2012 08:46 PM

thanks dave,
my biggest things I look for is; first activites, second would be entertainment.
i've done the flow rider before and loved it, and i know my sons would like it also. I heard so much good about RC - IOS , just don't know how much better than NCL - Pearl enough to give up a nice stop at Cozumel - dilemma

Cruise Fanatic 06-25-2012 09:14 PM

The Pearl has different activities too such as four bowling lanes and a large two deck high Wii screen which is also used for movies. They have a corkscrew water slide, arcade, and full court tennis/basket ball.

poormom 06-26-2012 06:16 AM

I love RCL, but would almost always opt for an extra day and port.

stuckertp 06-26-2012 09:32 AM

NCL Pearl

Quote:

Originally Posted by grover (Post 294108)
We haven't cruised in many years and are taking our kids 21, 19 and 13 yo. We are down to 2 Western Caribbean cruises... RC Independance for 6 night, or NCL Pearl for 7 night, basically we pickup Cozumel on NCL. My kids like to be active, and probably like shore excursiuons. Is RC that much better than NCL to miss a day at Cozumel?

My folks went on the Pearl to Alaska last summer. They were not very happy with the ship and activities there were aboard. Having gone on both RC would be the best for the age group of your kids. I know, having 2 that age myself, that's what I would do, much more to do.

penny3333 06-27-2012 05:32 AM

I'm with Marsha, I always opt for an extra day. Cozumel is a great port, too! I love any ship, so as long as there's an extra day, I'll be booking that one.