Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2012, 03:09 PM

Default deliberating RC - 6 day or NCL - 7 day
We haven't cruised in many years and are taking our kids 21, 19 and 13 yo. We are down to 2 Western Caribbean cruises... RC Independance for 6 night, or NCL Pearl for 7 night, basically we pickup Cozumel on NCL. My kids like to be active, and probably like shore excursiuons. Is RC that much better than NCL to miss a day at Cozumel?
Old 06-25-2012, 03:25 PM
Administrator

Don't look at the cruise lines as much as the ships themselves. The Independence Of The Seas has a lot to offer for active people, including the Flowrider and rock climbing wall, plus a full size basketball court.

One thing to note, perhaps, is that Norwegian will allow parents to sign a waiver to allow those 18-20 to consume beer and wine. Royal Caribbean does not do this on cruise from American ports.

The biggest question is whether Cozumel is important to you. I've always liked Cozumel although it is so commercialized now that I long for the good old days of 20 years ago, when it was a quaint little stop.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:46 PM

thanks dave,
my biggest things I look for is; first activites, second would be entertainment.
i've done the flow rider before and loved it, and i know my sons would like it also. I heard so much good about RC - IOS , just don't know how much better than NCL - Pearl enough to give up a nice stop at Cozumel - dilemma
Old 06-25-2012, 09:14 PM

The Pearl has different activities too such as four bowling lanes and a large two deck high Wii screen which is also used for movies. They have a corkscrew water slide, arcade, and full court tennis/basket ball.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:16 AM
I love RCL, but would almost always opt for an extra day and port.

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 06-26-2012, 09:32 AM

Default NCL Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by grover View Post
We haven't cruised in many years and are taking our kids 21, 19 and 13 yo. We are down to 2 Western Caribbean cruises... RC Independance for 6 night, or NCL Pearl for 7 night, basically we pickup Cozumel on NCL. My kids like to be active, and probably like shore excursiuons. Is RC that much better than NCL to miss a day at Cozumel?
My folks went on the Pearl to Alaska last summer. They were not very happy with the ship and activities there were aboard. Having gone on both RC would be the best for the age group of your kids. I know, having 2 that age myself, that's what I would do, much more to do.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:32 AM

I'm with Marsha, I always opt for an extra day. Cozumel is a great port, too! I love any ship, so as long as there's an extra day, I'll be booking that one.

Tags
2009, caribbean, carribean, cruise, cruises, day, days6, forum, mediterranean, ncl, nights, norwegian, pearl, rc, reviews, royal, stop, western