Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2012, 10:29 AM
Default Balcony dividers
I was told that if I'm next door to someone in my cabin and our balcony's connect, we can ask that the dividers be removed for the duration of our cruise. Is this a true statement?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-29-2012, 10:46 AM

It depends on the Captain and the ship but they have always accomodated us when we asked. Enjoy your cruise!
2004 Voyager, Adventure
2005 Explorer
2006 Brilliance
2009 Liberty, Enchantment
2010 Independence, Liberty
2011 Liberty, Freedom
2012 Freedom, Freedom, Independence
Feb 2013 Liberty
Mar 2013 Liberty
Nov 2013 Independence
Old 08-03-2012, 05:19 PM

Default Balcony dividers on Radiance
Last summer my sister/husband and me/my husband went on Radiance of the Seas, southbound inside passage Alaska -- we were next door to each other in adjoining rooms (which was nice not to have to go out in hall to get to each other's rooms) but the balcony divider was not removable. I did see the other post that you can ask for it to be removed, but we didn't really see how it was removable so didn't pursue it -- it didn't really matter much, and actually it let us be in our room with curtains open and not feel like they could easily be "intrusive" --- not that you couldn't peek over the divider, but it did offer a little privacy.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:27 AM
Default Dividers
AS said above, it will also depend on the age of the ship and it's design. I've been on two Voyager class ships, Mariner and Voyager OTS. Voyager was an older design and the dividers were basically steel as a part of the ships super structure, where Mariner has plexi-glass removable dividers. I think someone else has posted earlier that the newer cabins were more outside the ship as some of the older ships had the cabin more inside the hull. Radiance OTS also did NOT have removable dividers. There are also SOME rooms which have a connecting door between them, again depending on the ship. Either way you'll have a great time!
Old 08-04-2012, 02:54 PM

Spiritfilled, since you are going on Allure, the balconies will have the ability to open to each other. We have done that on Oasis and Freedom. The dividers are basically in sections and the outboard section is hinged and there is a lock that allows it to swing back and lock to the inboard section. On other ships the cabin steward has said it is against policy. We usually tip the cabin steward on the first meeting ($20 or so) to get him or her to keep ice buckets filled, etc. Usually brightens their spirit and they are always willing to help. No problem locking the balcony open. Makes it nice when everyone is outside. On Oasis we had 3 cabins in a row and opened both so all 3 made a long balcony. Very nice for 6 adults sitting outside. Another plus was using sticky notes on the balcony glass doors if we were sleeping or awake. We could simply glance around and see if the other couple was awake.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:40 AM
Thanks for all that info it was very helpful and appreciated. Now I forgot to mention that we have the balconies that are facing Boardwalk are thos removable as well? Now that would be awesome if those were removable. Does anyone know if they are?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-07-2012, 03:04 AM

That's and interesting question. I looked at my photos of Allure and I just can't tell. They do have the metal panel and plexiglass panel so there is a chance that the plexiglass panel will open. I would be interested when you get back if they are able to open, as we are thinking of taking our two sons and their families on either Oasis or Allure and putting them into Boardwalk Balconies. It would significantly enhance the balcony if they can open up to each other.

Tags
balcony, carnival, chicago, deck, divider, dividers, fo, freedom, ita, lock, oasis, photo, plan, sea, seas