Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/)
-   -   I believe you ladies and gentlemen call it (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/38227-i-believe-you-ladies-gentlemen-call.html)

Svein 06-30-2012 11:53 AM

I believe you ladies and gentlemen call it

the doc dance... :)))

Well, today our cruise tickets for our Western med cruise with the Grandeur july 22 arrived in my inbox. In about three weeks time we will soak in the smell of a refurbished cruise ship combined with the fresh, southern european air. Sunny days, lazy days by the pool and plenty of great food. It will be hard to go back to reality afterwards :))

Cruise Fanatic 06-30-2012 12:11 PM

Have a great time.

Nadine 06-30-2012 01:31 PM

I love the doc dance! It just makes the cruise seem so real.

Have a great time!

Nadine

Dave 06-30-2012 04:16 PM

Have a fun cruise, Svein. I know we will be looking forward to hearing how it went. I want to know how the Royal Advantage upgrades work on the Grandeur.

I could use some of that fresh southern europe air right now.

penny3333 07-03-2012 10:41 AM

I'm doing my doc dance for you, Svein! Wish I were joining you!! They have such fabulous deals on med cruises now, if only the air fare were not such a killer, I'd hop on a plane now! Have a marvelous cruise!!!!!!

LisaP 07-08-2012 07:22 PM

No matter how many cruises one's taken, receiving documents remains exciting! Wishing you a Bon Voyage!!!

perleLucinda 07-25-2012 09:57 AM

Lucky you let us know how it was.

cica 07-25-2012 03:23 PM

Bon Voyage!

Svein 08-06-2012 01:14 AM

Well, we've now been back for a few days and the cruise was wonderful as always with RCCL :)

We arrived Palma, Mallorca one day ahead - knowing airline delays would jeopardise the cruise, especially if airline arrangements were booked seperatley like we had. The morning of departure arrived and from our hotel terrace we could happily notice that the Grandeur had arrived nicely. If any of you are going to cruise out of Palma, I would definately recommend the Hotel Mirador. Look it up on tripadvisor :)

We took a taxi to the pier at around 1030 just in time for the opening of the check in. As always check in and boarding went very smooth, and at 1130 we were installed around the pool.

Itinerary for the cruise was Palma-Marseillle-Ajaccio-Naples-Catania-Valletta and back to Palma. We first and foremost cruise because of the consept itself, and not so much for the ports. However, we really found Ajaccio to be great, too bad the departure was set so early (1400)...

We all had a great cruise. As the Grandeur just had gone through a 60 million dollar upgrade I was curious to see those and compare her to the Vision which we cruised with last year. Three speciality restaurants are added: Izumi (asian) located up in the Viking Crown, Giovani's (Italian) located on deck six next to Schooner Bar and Chops Grille, also on deck six. We had dinner in the main dining room every evening, but heard good things about the other restaurants too.

As said before, we had a wonderful time onboard. Cruising is really a hit in our family and we feel that we are recharging our batteries to the fullest. Compared to our Vision cruise last year we somehow feel that the crew on the Vision seemed happier. The service was great on the Grandeur too, but it was fantastic on the Vision. MAybe this is the well known "first cruise syndrome" that kicks in. Anyway, we are still hooked and have already booked our next cruise - 7 nights on the Liberty from Barcelona in july next year :)

Sandy 08-06-2012 06:28 AM

Welcome back, Svein, and thanks for the great report! I'm really happy to read that cruising is still such a big hit, even (or especially) as passengers!! Congratulations on having your next cruise booked already. What a wonderful vacation to look forward to.