Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2012, 11:53 AM
Default I believe you ladies and gentlemen call it
the doc dance... ))

Well, today our cruise tickets for our Western med cruise with the Grandeur july 22 arrived in my inbox. In about three weeks time we will soak in the smell of a refurbished cruise ship combined with the fresh, southern european air. Sunny days, lazy days by the pool and plenty of great food. It will be hard to go back to reality afterwards )

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-30-2012, 12:11 PM

Have a great time.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:31 PM

I love the doc dance! It just makes the cruise seem so real.

Have a great time!

Nadine
Old 06-30-2012, 04:16 PM
Administrator

Have a fun cruise, Svein. I know we will be looking forward to hearing how it went. I want to know how the Royal Advantage upgrades work on the Grandeur.

I could use some of that fresh southern europe air right now.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:41 AM

I'm doing my doc dance for you, Svein! Wish I were joining you!! They have such fabulous deals on med cruises now, if only the air fare were not such a killer, I'd hop on a plane now! Have a marvelous cruise!!!!!!
Old 07-08-2012, 07:22 PM
Administrator

No matter how many cruises one's taken, receiving documents remains exciting! Wishing you a Bon Voyage!!!
Old 07-25-2012, 09:57 AM

Lucky you let us know how it was.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:23 PM
Bon Voyage!
Old 08-06-2012, 01:14 AM
Well, we've now been back for a few days and the cruise was wonderful as always with RCCL

We arrived Palma, Mallorca one day ahead - knowing airline delays would jeopardise the cruise, especially if airline arrangements were booked seperatley like we had. The morning of departure arrived and from our hotel terrace we could happily notice that the Grandeur had arrived nicely. If any of you are going to cruise out of Palma, I would definately recommend the Hotel Mirador. Look it up on tripadvisor

We took a taxi to the pier at around 1030 just in time for the opening of the check in. As always check in and boarding went very smooth, and at 1130 we were installed around the pool.

Itinerary for the cruise was Palma-Marseillle-Ajaccio-Naples-Catania-Valletta and back to Palma. We first and foremost cruise because of the consept itself, and not so much for the ports. However, we really found Ajaccio to be great, too bad the departure was set so early (1400)...

We all had a great cruise. As the Grandeur just had gone through a 60 million dollar upgrade I was curious to see those and compare her to the Vision which we cruised with last year. Three speciality restaurants are added: Izumi (asian) located up in the Viking Crown, Giovani's (Italian) located on deck six next to Schooner Bar and Chops Grille, also on deck six. We had dinner in the main dining room every evening, but heard good things about the other restaurants too.

As said before, we had a wonderful time onboard. Cruising is really a hit in our family and we feel that we are recharging our batteries to the fullest. Compared to our Vision cruise last year we somehow feel that the crew on the Vision seemed happier. The service was great on the Grandeur too, but it was fantastic on the Vision. MAybe this is the well known "first cruise syndrome" that kicks in. Anyway, we are still hooked and have already booked our next cruise - 7 nights on the Liberty from Barcelona in july next year

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-06-2012, 06:28 AM

Welcome back, Svein, and thanks for the great report! I'm really happy to read that cruising is still such a big hit, even (or especially) as passengers!! Congratulations on having your next cruise booked already. What a wonderful vacation to look forward to.

Tags
mahon, menorrca, norway, tonsberg