Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2012, 07:15 AM
Unhappy SWA wana get away flights
Soooo what's goin on with Southwest Airlines and the Wanna get away flight prices, they aren't available. Flights are like $400-$500 a flight. I hope this doesn't mean they won't be offering this option anymore, that would be a huge bummer!!! I realize gas has soared up....yet again but SWA has always offered the "wanna get away option" for the lower price flights.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-06-2012, 03:26 PM
Cool Swa
I try to fly SWA as often as I can, but you HAVE to book WAY in advance, I've found, i.e. several months so. Since I'm one of those cops who HAVE to plan their vacations for the year during December the year before, I'm able to know exactly when I need to fly, and watch SWA's web site daily to see when the flights open up. AS cheap and old f__t as I am, I watch prices very carefully. I can imagine that it would be hard to book that type fare on short notice.

Need some cruise help?
Old 08-06-2012, 10:53 PM
Spiritfilled, I don't know where you are flying or when; but I've been tracking Southwest and Delta for flights to Ft. Lauderdale from SoCal in November and SW has the "Wanna Get Away" fares. But they are almost $300 higher for two round trips than Delta: $800.40 total for Delta vs. $1097.00 for SW as of about 10 minutes ago. And Delta has better arrival/departure times and fewer stops. Check them both out.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:12 AM

f-mattox, SW is an interesting operation, and you just pointed that out. I am a pilot for Delta and I have tried to tell friends who only fly SW to check it out. SW only books through their website (at least to my knowledge). People think they are the cheapest, but if they do a little research they can find as cheap, or cheaper fares (as you did) with the legacy carriers. I once did a comparison from Las Vegas to New York on both SW and Delta, for the same day and time. Even with the additional $25 baggage fee Delta was $15 cheaper. I know it isn't always so, but Delta, like all carriers, competes on a market to market basis. So from LA to Ft. Lauderdale, they will offer seats at or less than the other carriers.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:28 AM
Thanks I think I will look into Delta. Good lookin out.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-08-2012, 02:39 PM

Spiritfilled, hope you find a good fare on Delta. Maybe I'll be your pilot....oh wait....don't want to scare you. Seriously, it's worth researching and hopefully if you did fly with us you'd want to come back.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:10 AM
Cool Swa
To test my prior post, I just went on line for Southwest. I found a one-way flight from Tampa, Fla to Milwaukee, Wisc, for a flight on 11/10/12 (as I said before, WAY in advance), and found a "Wanna Get Away" price of $120.0 @. Plan ahead, research all other air lines, and SWA, and you can get some great deals; some way better than others if your time lines on your day of travel, are flexible. I live on the cheader curtain/flatlander border and have the option of either O'Hare, Midway, or Milwaukee as airports. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Milwaukee, but SWA does NOT have the same number of flights from Milwaukee as from Midway.

Need some cruise help?

Tags
cheaper, cheapest, code, day, flights, postal, review, reviews, royal, southwest, swa, swacom, wana, wanagetaway, wanahave, wanna, wwwwana