Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2012, 12:52 PM

Default Oasis - Eastern Caribbean Cruise
I need some help with the ropes. We are going on an Eastern Caribbean Cruise (Nassau, St Thomas, St Maarten). I am going with my girlfriend, and my brother and his girlfriend. We have looked at excursions on the website, but was curious if it was better/cheaper to wait until we got to shore to decide what to do. I did not see parasailing on the website, so I am curious if it is even available - or maybe it just isn't offered through the cruise line.

Anyway, we are all over 21 and are looking for adventurous/scenic tours (ie scuba diving, snorkeling, parasailing, a booze cruise). Can anyone help with this?

Also, anyone have ideas on the beverage (soda) package. I am a caffeine addict, and usually drink about a gallon of tea a day. Am I able to get tea on the ship, or am I going to be stuck drinking coke? Am I able to stock up on tea/beverages for the room?

Sorry if I'm asking stupid questions. I'm just trying to be prepared before I arrive - as this is my first time on a cruise. Thanks for the help.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:41 PM
Administrator

Look at Shoretrips.com for some tour options. Those ports are perfectly fine for booking your own tours. Just know that if you book private tours the ship doesn't know where you are, while they do know who is on the ship's excursions. Not that it is likely, but if a ship's tour is late getting back the ship will wait. If you are late returning from a private tour you could find the ship has sailed without you. But this is quite rare since the private operators know the schedules too.

You cannot bring personal alcohol aboard. Strictly speaking, the RCI Beverage Policy doesn't allow any personal beverages. However they usually don't say anything if a guest brings a reasonable amount of soda or water. (Like a 12 pack).

You can find iced tea in the dining room and buffet restaurants at meal times, and from room service. Just know this: iced tea on cruise ships is not that good. It is usually made from a concentrate. Possible option: you can get hot water and tea bags 24/7 at the Cafe Promenade. Bring an empty thermos jug with you and make your own tea. Then all you need is to get a glass of ice at a bar and you are set.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:22 PM

The tea bags are free. When in St. Maarten I would suggest renting a Jeep. You can get one just to the right after walking off the dock. It's around $90 for the whole day. It's only 33 miles to go around the whole Island. We've done this several times and always had a great time.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:23 AM
This is good info ST Maarten is one of our stops. So how many does this Jeep you speak of seat?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-14-2012, 12:22 PM
Administrator

Thrifty shows Jeep Wranglers that seat 5.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:31 AM
Thanks Dave. Sonny that sounds like a plan I hope I can remember that when it is time for our cruise.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-19-2012, 06:12 PM
as an added bonus, they drive on the right in St Maarten!!!!

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers

Tags
caribbean, cruise, day, eastern, jeep, line, maarten, oasis, rental, renting, review, reviews, schedule, st, thomas