Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2012, 10:26 AM

Default Can't wait for December!
Our friends from Seattle will be joining us on our Navigator cruise in December. We leave out of New Orleans and will fly down there two days ahead of time. We will be celebrating my husband's 70th birthday while on the cruise.

Our daughter just called and said she and her husband are going to fly into New Orleans for a couple days before the cruise to help her Dad celebrate his birthday. It was going to be a surprise, but she already let it slip! She lives in Florida and we live in Illinois, which gives us another reason to look forward to the trip.

Seattle friends already know Dena, so they are excited to see her again.

Just had to share my excitement with my cruise friends!

Nadine
Old 08-15-2012, 11:35 AM

Wink
Best way I can think of to celebrate a brithday; being with family and then taking a cruise.
We did that in Jan of 2011; four couples, my brother and wife (he celebrating his 71st) and me and my wife, daughter and son-in-law, and new friends of my daughters and now ours also.
Don't have a cruise on the books now but looking around is part of the fun.
I know it will be a blast for you.

Peterl

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-15-2012, 02:25 PM

You are right that the journey to the cruise is a big part of the fun. All the planning and anticipating! We found rooms on Hotwire for $119 per night at a four star hotel, so we are excited about that, too.

Hope you can find a cruise soon. The withdrawal is terrible!!!

Nadine
Old 08-16-2012, 05:07 AM
Talking New Orleans
We went out of New Orleans on Voyager a few months ago-the port was under construction (the buildings, not the water area), so give yourself plenty of time getting onboard (in other words, don't expect it to be quick). The Traffic was worse than Chicago at rush hour..... However, the start and end of the cruise was really cool in that the ship travels down the river and back to/from the Gulf for probably 7 hours each way, and the views are really amazing! I'm 65, and have a great time anytime I'm on a RCL ship, and so will you. Have a Great time with your family and friends!!

Need some cruise help?
Old 08-16-2012, 05:29 AM
Nadine what a way to celebrate, I hope you all have a wonderful time, I am sure you will, there's no vacation like a cruise vacation.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-16-2012, 06:33 PM

Thank you!

Jim, thanks for the tips. The cruise down the Mississippi sounds neat. We only live about 1/2 hour from the river. We've been to Minnesota where it originates. It will be fun to see where it ends!

Nadine
Old 08-17-2012, 06:27 AM

That first big bend in the river after leaving port is something else. You may actually feel the ship lean. In 1998 we went out on the Celebration. We felt when the ship turned that first bend. After the cruise we stayed an extra night in New Orleans and watched as the ship sailed out on it's next cruise. You could see how much the ship leaned when it came into that curve.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:23 AM

Cruise Fanatic, that sounds neat! Since we are going there two days early, maybe we will get to see her come into port. I don't know if the lean on the curve would be visible when she's coming from that direction.

You all are making me really excited about leaving from NO!

Nadine

Tags
birthday, celebrate, cruise, cruises, december, line, orleans, reviews, till, vacation, wait