Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2012, 08:33 AM

Default Does RCL have Butler service, if so which class of rooms? THX
Does RCL have butler service and if so which staterooms? We had this service with celebrity and just loved it, especially the 4 P. M. tea, coffee, canape service.
thank you,
Karen

Last edited by globtrttr; 09-22-2012 at 08:34 AM. Reason: misspelled
Old 09-22-2012, 08:47 AM
Administrator

RCI does not have butlers. They do have a concierge and private lounge for those in suites (except junior suites).
Old 09-26-2012, 05:18 AM
Talking Butlers
Dave is correct (like I had to tell anyone that). Grand Suite and above, and, I believe, C&A status of a certain level lets you have access to the ship's concierge, and the lounge area. We had a great concierge on Liberty when my entire family went last year. He booked our cabinette at Labadee, and even went off ship in San Juan for my daughter and bought a box of diapers for my granddaughter when she ran short. I'm fairly sure they'd NOT like to be called a butler, just as the captain doesn't refer to the ship as a BOAT, but their service is excellent, and greatly appreciated.

Need some cruise help?
Old 09-26-2012, 05:55 AM
Administrator

Thanks for the compliment.

Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members get concierge access too, regardless of their cabin category.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:59 AM
Thumbs up Butlers
Any time Dave, and I'm going to have to keep buying bigger cabins to reach D-Plus status faster.

Need some cruise help?
Old 09-26-2012, 03:10 PM

Jim, just cruise in December and you'll get there even faster. Double credits for all diamond members--triple if you're in a suite.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny V View Post
Jim, just cruise in December and you'll get there even faster. Double credits for all diamond members--triple if you're in a suite.
That's the road I am taking! I'll have the credits for Diamond Plus when I exit Liberty Of The Seas on December 13.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:12 PM

Dave, you probably know reaching the Diamond Plus level is the highest achievement. After that the perks don't matter much. You have to almost double your cruise credits just to get another amenity. If I wasn't so close to the Pinnacle status I wouldn't be booking nearly as many cruises. They really have their hook in me. By the way, Dave, I just booked another cruise on the Independence on the 24th of February - so now I'll be doing another B2B. Well, I have to go now...I have an appointment with my shrink.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:13 PM
Administrator

Sonny,

I don't understand their rationale for the big divide between D+ and Pinnacle. And, like you say the perks are not really worth the trouble to attain Pinnacle unless you are close to it.

I read the other day that "Super Mario" just finished his 500th cruise with RCI. He is Pinnacle Member level. But then he can go aboard Liberty Of The Seas and stay there for months at a time, racking up points.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:37 PM

I don't understand it either. There is incentive to reach Diamond and Diamond Plus because of the big perks. I'll be just 45 cruise credits away from Pinnacle when I get off the Allure in March. I have to make it to the goal line. Once I become Pinnacle I won't be able to afford any more cruise. There are so many Diamond and Diamond Plus members...and soon Pinnacle members that RC will have to make changes again. Then again, the way the world is changing there might not be many C&A Members cruising. Dave, we'll have to cruise together while we can.

Tags
butler, caribbean, carnival, celebrity, classes, contemporary, cruise, cruiselines, norweigan, rccl, royal, service, ships, suite, suites, worth