Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/)
-   -   disembarkation (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/38485-disembarkation.html)

newonthistrip 10-05-2012 12:27 AM

disembarkation

Im returning to FLL on the Allure on Sunday 6:15 am, according the itinerary of the web RCC, Im new in cruise, could you tell me approximately, how long will it take us to get out the Port, Im worry cause we have a rent a car reservation that stars at 7:30 am at the same location (Port Everglades).

Thanks in advance (Im a spanish speaker so Im not to good with my english, sorry)

Sonny V 10-05-2012 01:56 PM

Welcome to our Cruise Reviews Forum. I've been on both the Allure and Oasis and found the disembarkation process to be much faster that any other terminal--less than 30 minutes. I wouldn't worry too much about getting to the car rental company, there's no penalty and you will still get a car if you happen to get there late. If you haven't done it already, I would advise you to go to Desk Relations and let them know you want early disembarkation.

I never would have known you didn't speak English if you didn't tell me. It looks like you speak better English than I do. :)

Jim1012 10-05-2012 03:19 PM

Timing

Just to give yourself a little more time and leeway, you MAY want to call the rental company and ask to change the pickup time by an hour or two, later. That way you can get off the ship a little later and not be rushed. There is ALWAYS the posibility that the ship may NOT clear customs as fast as is usual, and people may have to wait a bit longer. To me, it would be like booking a flight home too early in the morning. Always give yourself what I call "semper-gumby" time, or wiggle room. Have a great time!!!

newonthistrip 10-08-2012 02:38 PM

Thank you for your help! Sonny V its a relif to know you understand me, we were worry about the language, especially when we get to the different ports! JIM1012, I follow your advice, and they will write in our reservation we might be a little late. They talled me there is an "Express walk off" option, do you know if I have to ask for this earlier, and if it would be a good choice, as we are travelling with my 2 year old boy.

Cruise Fanatic 10-08-2012 03:02 PM

The Express Debarkation is for those that can carry off all your own luggage. This means you won't put any luggage outside your cabin door the night before. You will carry ALL your luggage off yourself. You will receive instructions in your cabin about debarkation day. It is placed in the cabin usually two nights prior to the last day or during the day prior. I just returned from a Canada cruise and we received it two nights prior to our debarkation. On debarkation day they will make an announcement for those doing "Self debarkation". You will be the first ones to leave the ship. It often starts as early as 7:30AM-7:45AM.