Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2012, 02:20 PM
Administrator

Default Royal Caribbean To Allow Personal Wine
Their website has not been updated, but sources tell me RCI has relaxed part of it's personal alcoholic beverage policy and two bottles of wine per cabin are now allowed to be brought aboard on embarkation day. The new policy was effective November 1. If you take it to a bar or dining room there is a $25 corkage fee.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:49 PM
I do think that is nice. It was always fine on Celebrity, it is nice to have a bottle or 2 in your cabin if you would like to have a glass on the Balcony or getting ready for dinner. Thumbs up to RCCL :OD CHEERS !

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 11-03-2012, 06:59 PM
Smile
That is nice news. I love to have glass of vine somethims.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:17 PM
Administrator

I asked the RCI Press Office for verification on this and the following is what I just received:

Royal Caribbean International Statement
November 5, 2012

Royal Caribbean International understands that vacationers may have a particular bottle of wine or champagne that they would like bring on board to commemorate a special day or event while on their cruise. Effective immediately, guests may bring on board a maximum of two (2) bottles of wine per stateroom, up to 750 ml each, on embarkation day to enjoy during their Royal Caribbean International cruise. Each bottle must retain the original manufacturer’s seals and exhibit no signs of tampering. Guests wishing to consume their wine or champagne, which were not purchased from the onboard wine list or through the Gifts and Gear Program, in public spaces will be subject to a Corkage Fee of US$25 per bottle.

In accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s Guest Conduct Policy, guests who choose to consume alcohol must do so responsibly. Ship security reserves the right to inspect containers (including water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, canteens, etc.) at any time and will dispose of alcohol concealed in such containers. Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought on board on embarkation day, or any alcoholic beverages that are purchased from onboard shops and in ports-of-call (which must be presented to security upon re-boarding), will be secured by ship’s personnel and returned to guests just prior to the conclusion of their cruise vacation. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol return to them.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:36 PM

How about a bottle of Rum?
Old 11-05-2012, 03:41 PM
Administrator

Wine only. And they do check.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:04 PM

Our wine bottle of 750 ml was confiscated. That policy did not take effect for our Nov 24 cruise. I would advise people to check with the line before bringing anything on board. Of course, they then comped with dinner at the steak house and gave me a 750 bottle of wine to finish as I roamed the ship because I could not finish it all in one seating. So go, figure.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:09 PM

Thanks Dave. I was confused about the wine thing b/c RC's website said yes but forums I had read say No. This is fantastic news.

Tags
aboard, allowed, allowing, beverage, bottles, brought, caribbean, caribben, carribean, celebrity, policy, rccl, rci, rcl, royal, wine