Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 02:11 PM

Smile First Time Questions
Leaving Saturday on our first cruise. Navigator of the Seas out of New Orleans. I've read most of the threads and think I am pretty well prepared. This may be a silly question, but how do we know which things are free (included in cost of cruise) and which things are extra? I know Portofino, Chops and Johnny Rockets are extra, but I am thinking of smaller things like the yogurt shop, ice cream shop, coffee, etc.

Also I have concerns about the excursions. We are signed up to the one to Dunn's Falls in Jamaica. It says bring a waterproof camera. So I am assuming you get wet when you go. I really want to get good pictures, but don't want to ruin my good camera. Also do most places at the beach have lockers or somewhere I can lock up the camera?
Old 12-04-2012, 07:06 AM

I have one more question...I keep reading to keep the Sea Pass with you at all times. What is the best way to do this? Will it hook on a lanyard? Everything won't have pockets.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:25 AM
Talking Questions
Hi, and welcome to cruise chat. Congratulations on your upcoming cruise-as we say here, you will be hooked. Other than that which you have said before for added costs, there are a few other things that can/will cost extra; any photographs that THEY take of you; you MAY, or MAY NOT buy them-your choise. They are featured in the ships photo studio for you to look at and choose if you like. The "Pop-Stamp"; this is, in MY opinion, a bad deal. Unless you drink TONS of soda, do not buy the cooler cup or drink stamp. A can of soda can be bought from ANY bar area on the ship, OR your stateroom fridge, for about $2.50 a drink, and if at the bar, ask for a glass of ice (no charge). Bottled water is extra also, as are the speciality dining options (Chpos or Portifinos). Obviously booze is extra. I learned before that is you oder a glass of wine in the dining room, expect to pay upwards of $15 a glass. There are wine packages which can be purchased on board or before- they will uncork and store the bottle for you. I would say that MOST of the things on the ship are going to be free, or included in the cruise costs; if you have a question on board of a cost, just ask. They have no problems with that. The Sea Pass card is, on board the ship, and at SOME venues in Falmouth, Ja., your credit card for the cruise. It is the only thing you need upon the ship, and you can check your spending in your cabin on the television. Quite up to date and time daily. Prior to getting on the ship, they will ask you how you want to pay for your onboard expenses, cash or credit card. I have used my bank debit card also, as it works as a credit/debit card. If you want to use cash, they will allow you to spend up to $500, and then will ask you to go to the customer service desk to add cash to your account. The ship store sells a plastic lanyard type thing to put your sea pass card in to keep it safe. This card gets you off, and back on the ship at the ports, so try not to loose it. If you do, immediately go the desk. I have been to all three ports you are going to, and not ONCE have I had to show my official passport to return to the ship, but you WILL need your sea pass card. Hope I answered some of your questions. Have a Great Cruise!!
Old 12-04-2012, 10:53 AM

Smile
Thanks so much for the info! We are really looking forward to it. Any advice on the camera? I love to take really good pictures, but don't want anything to happen to my expensive camera.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:36 PM
If you plan to climb the falls leave the good camera on the ship; you will get drenched. They do have lockers but I wouldn't leave anything of value in them. There are stairs along the side of the falls if you choose not to climb in the water, and you can get some great photos from there. If you do climb the falls, take a waterproof disposable; I've had really good results with Fuji.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:17 PM

We will also be boarding the Navigator this Saturday. We sailed on her in February and loved the ship.

We are excited about leaving out of New Orleans. All of our previous cruises have left from Florida, so this will be a new experience for us. We are arriving two days early, giving us time to explore New Orleans before sailing.

Have a great time!

Nadine

Tags
10, asked, caribbean, cruisers, questions, royal, show, time, top