Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/)
-   -   14 Day Caribbean Cruise (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/3876-14-day-caribbean-cruise.html)

J and S 10-18-2010 10:57 AM

Me and my partner live in UK and are trying to source a cruise for Sept/Oct 2011 but always find it difficult to search the RCI website and also I think you have to book a back to back cruise.

Is this correct and could anyone recommend some good websites to source our cruise through

LisaP 10-18-2010 11:59 AM

You're doing as you should... going directly to Royal Caribbean's Web site and looking for back-to-back 7-nighters. The good news is that there are several ships from which to choose that will give you back-to-backs with different itineraries.

Forum rules prevent us from linking to other travel sites. Besides, it's usually best to go directly to the source.

MCPayne 10-18-2010 06:14 PM

I think you're on the right track. Again, forum rules don't allow us to link to another travel site. Try to look for back to back 7 night different itineraries. Example, on my most recent cruise, that ship (Freedom of the Seas) does the Western Caribbean one week, then the Eastern Caribbean the next week.

I'm not sure if there are any ships in RCI's fleet that do a 14 night Caribbean cruise.

J and S 11-01-2010 02:51 AM

Possibly looking at 14 days Caribbean cruise starting on 9th October 2011 from Fort Lauderdale, can anyone tell me what airline do RCI use from UK?

Also what is the situation with tips with RCI, on Princess you either had 15% added to everything or you removed this and tip yourself. What is the tipping for RCI?

Cruise Fanatic 11-01-2010 05:16 AM

RCI adds 15% automatically to all soda and alcohol drinks. You will have the option to have tips for the service people (waiter, asst waiter, cabin steward) automatically added to your account or tip in cash.

RCI has three programs to choose air through them. 1)Standard Air - they will use whichever airline they can negotiate the seats for the best price. 2) Custom Air - If you have a specific airline or specific request/needs, you can pay a fee and they will customize your air. 3)Choice Air - You can go to their special air website and choose your own air schedule from their flights that are offered. There is an additional fee for them to issue the ticket from their website.

J and S 11-01-2010 06:38 AM

Can anyone tell me how we find out about the different choices of flights, is it on the website?

LHT28 11-01-2010 07:29 AM

You need to ask your TA or RCCL if booking air through them
I would just do your own air flights then you have some control over flying in a day or more early & times
You could try Virgin flight to Miami then just take a shuttle to FLL
Probably cheaper to do your own air

MCPayne 11-02-2010 06:46 PM

J and S

There were some good points there. Do research on flights separately. In other words, see what the price is if you didn't book your flight through Royal Caribbean. For my previous cruises, it was significantly cheaper to book my air separately than book through RCI.

J and S 11-14-2010 08:30 AM

Can someone tell us about tips. We are looking at a 14 days cruise going on 1st/2nd October 2011 and the quotes that we have are including tips.

Does this mean that you can just go into all of the different restaurants and eating places and get food and drink for nothing?

We have not sailed on RC before so just want to know how it works.

MCPayne 11-14-2010 08:37 AM

Here is the link to the gratuity guidelines on RCI's website. From what I understand, you can prepay your gratuities when you book, or have them added to your onboard expense account, or pay in cash.

Specialty restaurants are an additional charge. I think Portofino and Chop's Grill are around $20.00. Johnny Rockets, if your ship has it, is $4.95 all you can eat. Drinks are extra. Any bar drink you order, there is a charge for that, plus an automatic 15% gratuity.

You will have gratuity envelopes delivered to your stateroom on the last evening(s) of your cruise. If you prepaid your gratuities, either when you booked or onboard and had them added to your account, you will have gratuity vouchers as well to put in the envelopes.

You may see in the RCI section that people are referencing SeaPass cards. This card is your room key, and also serves as your onboard expense account. RCI operates on a cashless system, so any purchase you make, they will ask you for your SeaPass card, whether it's for gifts, massages, alcohol, etc.